Suburban! on CL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You like the newer front??, swapping to the round eye is easy on that one??, I thought 88 and up is all different??..
Yes I do. You will have all the parts left over from the 74 build. On The older stuff the hood hinges mount entirely to the fender. And the hood mount is the bitch part when trying to put a newer front end on an older truck. The hinges on the newer stuff bolts to the fender and there is an arm on the cab. You'd need the rad support ,fenders hood and wiring harness from an older truck.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yes I do. You will have all the parts left over from the 74 build. On The older stuff the hood hinges mount entirely to the fender. And the hood mount is the bitch part when trying to put a newer front end on an older truck. The hinges on the newer stuff bolts to the fender and there is an arm on the cab. You'd need the rad support ,fenders hood and wiring harness from an older truck.
Way cool, I always thought after 87 it was all different, I'd be all set then I have an 80 and a 78 so between the two I got a good front clip.:waytogo:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Way cool, I always thought after 87 it was all different, I'd be all set then I have an 80 and a 78 so between the two I got a good front clip.:waytogo:
Sunken grill is the best round eye.imho

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size

And one small detail. You need to swap the wiper arm posts to match the clip or they hit the hood.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
And one small detail. You need to swap the wiper arm posts to match the clip or they hit the hood.
That just a bolt in or any fab work to swap??.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Made the guy an offer of $1200, he said he couldn't go that low so I told him "call me if you change your mind", it's been up for a while now so we'll see...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Made the guy an offer of $1200, he said he couldn't go that low so I told him "call me if you change your mind", it's been up for a while now so we'll see...
Well he may get tired of looking at it. Then you can get it home and swap front clips. Lol

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Well he may get tired of looking at it. Then you can get it home and swap front clips. Lol
Well I hope so, but before the clip would get swapped gotta get it running right and reliable, and that is a project,lol, found an 85 that's more what I was looking for and supposedly it's a driver the way it is but more money, I'll wait this guy out a bit and see??..

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well I hope so, but before the clip would get swapped gotta get it running right and reliable, and that is a project,lol, found an 85 that's more what I was looking for and supposedly it's a driver the way it is but more money, I'll wait this guy out a bit and see??..
Meh probably something simple. Wiring can be overwhelming until you sit down with a diagram and sort threw it and seperate it out it just looks like a mess. A good diagram helps too, the ones in some of the books out there pretty much suck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84