Suburban! on CL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
https://mohave.craigslist.org/cto/d/1989-chevy-suburbanbig-block/6265830094.html

Hey guys, would like your opinion on this, I went and looked at it and is is super clean, not one indication of rust and the interior is perfect, it's as solid as you could get. But something is strange with the electrics, and there's a hole melted in the A/C unit on the firewall??, he says it'll run randomly and sometimes it'll blow a fuse and die?, it did run when I was there, with all the electronic ******** in there I'm a little leary on this. I can get it for $1500 think it's worth it???, seems like it would be worth it for just parts???, not what I really wanted but if the price is right???, what you guys think????.

cooperhw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
1978, 1981, 1983
Truck Model
C-10, K-20, C-20
Engine Size
5.7L
looks like a solid suburban. probably have a power wire going to ground somewhere causing it to shut off like that. Sometimes you have to get in a really dark environment like under a tarp/etc?? to see the short. At least that's how I found one on my last Chevelle.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yeah, it's almost like new, Would be nice if that's all it was, I just don't want it to be some electronic thing that costs a fortune, I'm in a non-smog area but it has to be done once on a new owner transfer then it's done no more, so I can't mess with it until then otherwise I'd just rip all that crap out of there and make it simple, and reliable,lol..

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
They are simple behind the dash. Not too hard to find a problem.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
More than likely. Even more likely to be a shorting/arcing ignition switch. Can't know for sure, but all wiring is easy to get to.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Go for it. If it's smoking there is bound to be melted casings so should be easy to locate. And trace and repair.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
More than likely. Even more likely to be a shorting/arcing ignition switch. Can't know for sure, but all wiring is easy to get to.
Great thanks.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Go for it. If it's smoking there is bound to be melted casings so should be easy to locate. And trace and repair.
I am tempted, I'd rather have a round eye but seems like the price is right and it would last a hell of a long time, I'm just not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to electrical,lol.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I am tempted, I'd rather have a round eye but seems like the price is right and it would last a hell of a long time, I'm just not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to electrical,lol.
Ok here is what we do....you buy it and ship it to me I will fix the wiring and swap the snoot. Because going new to old is easier no issue and I get to keep the lil square front end lol

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
I would hire a private carrier to haul it up here and just put a different harness in it. But then I would be looking to live in it because, wife.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
You like the newer front??, swapping to the round eye is easy on that one??, I thought 88 and up is all different??..
I would hire a private carrier to haul it up here and just put a different harness in it. But then I would be looking to live in it because, wife.
LOL....:D

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Ok here is what we do....you buy it and ship it to me I will fix the wiring and swap the snoot. Because going new to old is easier no issue and I get to keep the lil square front end lol
You like the newer front??, swapping to the round eye is easy on that one??, I thought 88 and up is all different??..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep