Suburban Barn Door Interior Trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
I have a complete set of inner trim panels for the rear cargo doors. They are in great condition. I have the top hard piece that covers the window border, the lower soft fabric/carpet trim, and the side plastic covers that face the middle of the door opening.
I finally found the proper matching trim color for my interior (saddle) so these came off. These are in much better condition than what I replaced them with, and I'd love to keep them, but alas the color didn't match.
There are no cracks or stains. They came off a 1990 V10 Chevrolet Suburban, and they have some "plush" upper fabric material instead of the vinyl found on lower trim models.
I would rather these go to someone who needs them for their vehicle, and not have to throw them in the trash - I just don't have the space for all these parts I've accumulated.
Just pay for shipping, or if you live near boulder, colorado you could come pick them up.

You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Those are nice! Wish you had the rest of the red interior to go with those, all I ever come across really is gray or blue.

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
That burb I took them from was mint!
If you need any small things I can check next time, I think it's still there, but for those larger trim pieces, it's really not realistic because the shipping will just get too expensive...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Yeah, shipping always takes the fun out of things. The current blue interior will just have to do, lol.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
i need the 4 plunger switch on the jamb of the passenger side rear barn door. is this something you can get?

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
i need the 4 plunger switch on the jamb of the passenger side rear barn door. is this something you can get?

I'm not sure what part you're talking about, can you elaborate a bit or take a picture?

Also, btw those door panels above are gone, I sent to a fellow in washington state - happy to have them go to use, and not trashed!

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi

Overview of the passenger barn door

Close up of 4-plunger switch

4-plunger switch

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
Oh okay, I have seen this before, just couldn't picture it because my burb only has the door switch for the interior dome light, it doesn't have 4 - what are those for? Speaker connections or something?
I can take a look next time, which will be sometime next month I believe after I get back from a work trip. Do you need both sides of it?

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
No, they are for the rear defroster and the power door lock. I just need the four plunger switch on the door, not the contact strip on the cab. Trying to fix a non-operating door lock. The contact strip on the cab has power, and I have replaced the lock actuator with a brand new one, so the only thing in between is a small section of wiring and this plunger switch. Unfortunately this part appears to be discontinued, and I can't find a new one anywhere. If you can get it, that would be awesome.

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
Wow! power lock and defroster, that would be sick to have, I haven't seen too many on barn doors, but I have seen that 4 plunger switch before in the salvage yards before, I guess I never put the two together. I will check next time I'm out there if one has it, but most barn doors I've seen are not power locked and defrosted. So the plunger section on the door is what you need, if I find one, should I just unscrew and cut wire? or it looks like there are quick disconnect-type connectors.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
There is a round fastener of sorts on the top and the bottom of this assembly. It almost looks like a rivet, but I am sure that it is some sort of removable fastener. I just didn't spend any amount of time trying to figure out how they worked, so I just took a flat head screwdriver and pried the head of them off. If you can figure out how they work and can get them out, i'll take them, but don't sweat it if you cant. They are clip connectors on the back, so just unclip them and throw the plunger assembly in a box and that will work for me! If the connectors are stubborn, go ahead and cut the wires.

I will keep looking for one in the meantime. Let me know before you go back out there in case I find one before then.

Thanks a bunch for offering to do this!

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Adam, I was able to do some testing on the plunger contacts yesterday, and found out that those are not my problem. The assembly appears to be working correctly. No need to go pull that part. Sorry for the false alarm, but thanks a bunch for your willingness to help out!!! I owe you a beer just for being an awesome dude! :cheers:

Kyle

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
Ok, no problem, I hope you get it figured out!

Clark

Reaction score
First Name
Loy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I've been looking for these now for almost 2 years. Are the trim items you listed still available? I'll be glad to reimburse you for the items.
Please get back to me.
I've got a 90 GMC Suburban, great shape pretty much, but really need this trim.
Thank you very much.
Loy Clark

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
Hey Loy, so sorry, but I already gave them to somebody else who needed them.
I'll be on the lookout next time I'm at the yards. Was this color/style I posted above the exact one you needed? Bucket is right, the red ones are not as common, but I'll keep checking and if I come across any I'll let you know.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128