Suburban 35's on Stock Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aglinks

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L
It's possible to keep the running boards on there if you want to. I used a straight edge to follow the line of the wheel well down and traced the angle across the steps with a sharpie. Took the boards off and trimmed them on a table saw using an abrasive blade tilted to the traced line. A rubber mallet was used to flatten the vertical mud flap part of the steps so they would reach back and attach to the leading edge of the step.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeahhhh I think you are more talented than I am. I ended up ordering a set of nerf bars. Your work looks amazing.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Love the rallys! They were my first choice but I need the unobtainium 8-lug version.

aglinks

Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L
Thanks! I couldn't be happier with how the truck turned out!

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Got the lift and tires done. Had to remove the factory running boards but it clears just fine and works great on the rally wheels.

It's possible to keep the running boards on there if you want to. I used a straight edge to follow the line of the wheel well down and traced the angle across the steps with a sharpie. Took the boards off and trimmed them on a table saw using an abrasive blade tilted to the traced line. A rubber mallet was used to flatten the vertical mud flap part of the steps so they would reach back and attach to the leading edge of the step.

You must be registered for see images attach

I miss my Paw Paw factory running boards. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tporter79