Straight 8 Buick With Belt Driven FI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JBswth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
C25
Engine Size
292 cubic inches
Damn I can't believe that guy running it on 2x4's like that.
Dual deuces. In 1941 - 42, most Buicks used a dual 2 barrel setup, called Compound Carburetion. They were progressively linked, so they functioned like a single 4 barrel. Some folks retrofitted earlier and later models with this setup often with dual exhausts, and some replaced the secondary carb, the rear carburetor, with a second primary carb, and re-worked the linkage so they both worked full-time.

J. B.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Dual deuces. In 1941 - 42, most Buicks used a dual 2 barrel setup, called Compound Carburetion. They were progressively linked, so they functioned like a single 4 barrel. Some folks retrofitted earlier and later models with this setup often with dual exhausts, and some replaced the secondary carb, the rear carburetor, with a second primary carb, and re-worked the linkage so they both worked full-time.

J. B.
I didnt know that about the Buick engines.
I had seen the engine in an old Buick at the shop where my dad worked. That was back in the days when I was first becoming aware of different performance options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512