Stock Exhaust R & R - Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
yea last page the axle for retro and you said there was another c10 coil spring rear somewhere else.

Oh yeah, haha. They are still out there.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
awesome lol go drag em out. Buddy of mine found one on the creek bank by the railroad bridge right below the house, not sure what it was for, only a frame nothing else. I guess it's gone now, then there were a couple of impala's or at least one for sure, upside down, a mailbu or so it looked like, around a 64 or maybe a duece, and a truck frame, by the bank that had been covered over by dirt, a big flood washed them out somewhat and they hauled em out. There was also(and should still be) crushed one down at my grandma's old house on the bank. I always tried to dig it out, the handle was the only thing showing.

Then over where the in laws live there's tons on the bank clearly visible from the road, looked like maybe some tri 5 chevys and dunno what else.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
awesome lol go drag em out. Buddy of mine found one on the creek bank by the railroad bridge right below the house, not sure what it was for, only a frame nothing else. I guess it's gone now, then there were a couple of impala's or at least one for sure, upside down, a mailbu or so it looked like, around a 64 or maybe a duece, and a truck frame, by the bank that had been covered over by dirt, a big flood washed them out somewhat and they hauled em out. There was also(and should still be) crushed one down at my grandma's old house on the bank. I always tried to dig it out, the handle was the only thing showing.

Then over where the in laws live there's tons on the bank clearly visible from the road, looked like maybe some tri 5 chevys and dunno what else.

Jesus Chist, lol! The cops at the ramp told me the dive unit saw 2 cars in the river that have been there a while and catfish were holding around it. I'm trying to find that **** on my underwater camera and take some video. :waytogo:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
that'd be awesome.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Jesus Chist, lol! The cops at the ramp told me the dive unit saw 2 cars in the river that have been there a while and catfish were holding around it. I'm trying to find that **** on my underwater camera and take some video. :waytogo:

Go diving. MIght be some good parts on those cars. :roflbow: Might be some Titanic like treasures in those cars. :grd:

DirtyC30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
Go diving. MIght be some good parts on those cars. :roflbow: Might be some Titanic like treasures in those cars. :grd:

:rofl: Video would be awesome! +1 for :grd:

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
If I could go back and do it again, I'd have bought all the stock hanger hardware too.

I couldn't tell from your pictures, but did you end up using that bracket with the two nuts that's welded to the muffler pipe? What does that screw into? And where can I find the stock hanger hardware? I'm doing a stock exhaust replacement too like you did (with the same exact parts). Your pictures have been very helpful. Right now, I'm at a loss at what to do with the exhaust hangers. Any help from people who have done this, either with stock hangers or found a universal system that works, would be greatly appreciated.

This one:
You must be registered for see images attach

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I couldn't tell from your pictures, but did you end up using that bracket with the two nuts that's welded to the muffler pipe? What does that screw into? And where can I find the stock hanger hardware? I'm doing a stock exhaust replacement too like you did (with the same exact parts). Your pictures have been very helpful. Right now, I'm at a loss at what to do with the exhaust hangers. Any help from people who have done this, either with stock hangers or found a universal system that works, would be greatly appreciated.

This one:
You must be registered for see images attach

I do not remember using that bracket on mine. I think the frame part of it was rotted off or something. On that '89 & my current '90 I only use one hanger in the whole system and it is behind the rear axle.

Last edited:

trukman1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
5.7 L (350)
I purchased a cat-back stock system from CARiD and paid $89 delivered to the house. This did not include clamps and hangers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin