Stepside fenders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
Looking around online, it appears that some of the repop fenders don't have the blanks for the marker lights knocked out. That m101 just doesn't do it for me anymore. If I went that way, I'd go with the tricked out flatbed that's at the end of my build thread right now. What HK refers to as the "thunder road" option. I really like the flatbed. But it would mean pushing back paying off my house a while longer.

I wonder if they are still recessed then? Because mine are both recessed and, obviously, holes lol.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I wonder if they are still recessed then? Because mine are both recessed and, obviously, holes lol.

Hard to say. Any pics I find of the repops are less than helpfull. And I just don't have the familiarity with these to know. I was pretty much spitballing the whole idea when I posted the thread. Like what was mentioned above, worst case I'll need some metal work.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
They did away with the marker lights in '78 or so. Whatever year it was that they went with the rectangular tail lights (which have markers built in).

I'm far away from my truck, but I'm pretty sure the fenders will not fit opposite sides. Mostly because of where they bolt to the step and clear the fuel tank. And they are shaped differently front/rear... I don't remember how much, but someone like me would notice it right off the bat if they were on the wrong sides.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Just put them on correctly and close up the filler hole and make your own.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Just put them on correctly and close up the filler hole and make your own.

Probably what I'll do. Worst case, I call the guy who swapped the roof panels for me. that kind of stuff is what he does. When I picked up my truck, he had a first gen firebird in his shop on a rotisserie changing the firewall from ac to non ac (or vise versa).

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Probably what I'll do. Worst case, I call the guy who swapped the roof panels for me. that kind of stuff is what he does. When I picked up my truck, he had a first gen firebird in his shop on a rotisserie changing the firewall from ac to non ac (or vise versa).
Cool long bed stepsides rock. No more thunder road chasing the 1 armed bitch and huffing silver paint?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
They did away with the marker lights in '78 or so. Whatever year it was that they went with the rectangular tail lights (which have markers built in).

I'm far away from my truck, but I'm pretty sure the fenders will not fit opposite sides. Mostly because of where they bolt to the step and clear the fuel tank. And they are shaped differently front/rear... I don't remember how much, but someone like me would notice it right off the bat if they were on the wrong sides.

That's kinda what I was looking to find out. If it had to fit one direction because of design clearance, and if it would be noticeable.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Cool long bed stepsides rock. No more thunder road chasing the 1 armed bitch and huffing silver paint?

Dammit, there goes the rest of what i had planned for my summer vacation.:whymewhyme:

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I was just about to go out and start fabricating the anti personnel spikes for the bumpers and wheels.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I was just about to go out and start fabricating the anti personnel spkies for the bumpers and wheels.
And I guess a fuel pod trailer too?

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Wonder how far I could travel with 1000 gallons of diesel? lol

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
IIRC, you can buy repop fenders without fuel fillers for both sides. Then all you have to do is add, not remove fuel doors.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
IIRC, you can buy repop fenders without fuel fillers for both sides. Then all you have to do is add, not remove fuel doors.

Good point. I was close to ordering stuff for it today, but I need to get my ass in gear and get some more done to what I have here, before I bring in more parts that I'll have to work around. Wanted to get some stuff done today, but damn, 90* outside took away any ambition for anything besides a nap in the ac.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Good point. I was close to ordering stuff for it today, but I need to get my ass in gear and get some more done to what I have here, before I bring in more parts that I'll have to work around. Wanted to get some stuff done today, but damn, 90* outside took away any ambition for anything besides a nap in the ac.
Wuss....:happy175::happy175:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dougli1