Steering torque specs.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Anybody have gearbox torque specs and things like ball joints and tie rods. 1986 K10 4X4

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Have you by chance taken a look in the Squarebody Refernce Library for one of the GM service tech books? Even if you year model isn't in there, find the year closest to your truck and go with it. I'd bet a donut it's the same spec as your truck.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Have you by chance taken a look in the Squarebody Refernce Library for one of the GM service tech books? Even if you year model isn't in there, find the year closest to your truck and go with it. I'd bet a donut it's the same spec as your truck.
No I didn't know I could do that, That's on this forum?

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
There should be a 1986 Factory Service Manual in the library. It contains standard service and maintenance info. Steering joints fall into that category.

The FSM won't have serious rebuilds of major components like the AC compressor, Power Steering pump, steering boxes, Axles, Engines, and Transmissions... Those are in the Unit Repair Manuals.

I didn't scan the 86 Unit repair manual.
The 1987 Unit repair manuals will work for your AC compressor, Heavy Engine rework, axles, and transmission rework.

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
There should be a 1986 Factory Service Manual in the library. It contains standard service and maintenance info. Steering joints fall into that category.

The FSM won't have serious rebuilds of major components like the AC compressor, Power Steering pump, steering boxes, Axles, Engines, and Transmissions... Those are in the Unit Repair Manuals.

I didn't scan the 86 Unit repair manual.
The 1987 Unit repair manuals will work for your AC compressor, Heavy Engine rework, axles, and transmission rework.
I downloaded something from 1986 , now my computer seems to have virus and I keep getting popup ads in the middle of browsing I tried to delete everything, I might borrow my buddys Haynes manual and do it old school.

hatzie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
I downloaded something from 1986 , now my computer seems to have virus and I keep getting popup ads in the middle of browsing I tried to delete everything, I might borrow my buddys Haynes manual and do it old school.

I just downloaded the 86 manual and ran a scan. Nothing is wrong with the manual.

DO NOT install any "download managers" or any other software from sites like MediaFire. You don't need them. They are Spyware and Adware vectors or just plain spyware/adware.

What are you using as a PDF reader? Adobe Acrobat Reader is bloated and slow but the "free" Adobe alternatives, especially the ones that ship on a new PC, are usually loaded with spyware and adware. Even some of the semi-commercial paid-for Acrobat alternatives pad their authors' bottom line using adware and spyware. It's still the Wild West out there on the web.

Remove the Adobe alternatives. Weed out the spyware and adware.
Install the real thing from Adobe... https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html

I dug a little on Evilbay for the paper manuals... You have a PM.

Last edited:

mavtricks71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Bud I'm not even sure I suck at computers I only do basic stuff.....so I'm not sure .....but my buddy reinstalled windows so my computer's working good again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MixManSC