Speaker help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jesse Smith

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
This is probably a stupid rookie mistake, but I yanked the seat and floor to start soundproofing, and I can’t find anywhere there has ever been speakers. Any suggestions on how to place some under/behind the seat, and what kind of speakers to use? I want some bass but not a ridiculous amount. Thanks. (Also figured I’d post the obligatory first picture of my rig)

You must be registered for see images attach

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
This is probably a stupid rookie mistake, but I yanked the seat and floor to start soundproofing, and I can’t find anywhere there has ever been speakers. Any suggestions on how to place some under/behind the seat, and what kind of speakers to use? I want some bass but not a ridiculous amount. Thanks. (Also figured I’d post the obligatory first picture of my rig)

What are the specs of your truck? Mines a 78 with only a single dash speaker. Yours maybe be too...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Bumper thingys

Jesse Smith

Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
What are the specs of your truck? Mines a 78 with only a single dash speaker. Yours maybe be too...
She’s a 77 Sierra. Looks like there may be dash speakers but either disconnected or shorted out. She was a fire truck in her past life so they very well could’ve been disconnected

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Not sure if sarcasm from the self-proclaimed super sarcastic man or genuine compliment also, glad to know the technical term is ‘bumper thingys’
@78c10bigten is looking for mirrors and I like bumper thingys and he thinks it’s funny my truck doesn’t have them. So I decided to bust his ass about your nice mirrors that he’d like to have.:D

78C10BigTen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG TEN
Engine Size
@78c10bigten is looking for mirrors and I like bumper thingys and he thinks it’s funny my truck doesn’t have them. So I decided to bust his ass about your nice mirrors that he’d like to have.:D
Just like my "bumper thingeys" that youd like to have lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey