Soon to be new member…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Carol
Truck Year
Truck Model
R2500 Suburban
Engine Size
Gotcha.
Curiously they actually make repop covers with the scrollwork. Like $9 /ea from Holley. Just found em.
Interesting, I didn't know they had those. Apparently they are really getting into the classic truck parts market. The OBS guys have been talking about this too.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Needs an OE front bumper. Gramps musta hit something with it years ago. Rear chrome step bumper looks basically like new. Has a small twist in it (I think they all do, lol).
Appears I’m mistaken on the front bumper. In that, that is an OE bumper for that year. Leafing thru the 1977 truck brochure online, dezosgarage.com for anyone who doesn’t know about that site, they have the old mfgs brochures copied and posted online.

That bumper with the full impact strip was offered that year. Idk how many years but had never seen that before.
Too bad it’s a little bent up.

SirRobyn0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
Thanks for bringing me into your thread. She's a nice truck for sure! Looks like a real score!
As to the number of old GM trucks. Idk it must have been Chevy country back in the day. Squares, 67-72 and GMT 400s literally outnumber Fords and Dodges together from the same eras by a bunch. Not as much into the 90s models but 60s -80s for sure.
I can attest to your suspicion being true. There use to be a lot of the mid-70's Chevy's around to, and a lot of medium duties in farm use. Got to drive a 65 C60 for a harvest during the pandemic for one of the remaining farms. Right now we have one square in the shop that is a forum members truck, an 81 K-5, and a 70' C10 stepper. So ya they are still hanging around for sure!

ChuckN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
There’s another one up just across the border here. Same color, arguably better condition. Not horribly priced.
You’d freak out, out here. This truck might get a couple thumbs up as is, but fairly common to see decent to nice old squares both in daily use and car shows.
Yeah, I saw another one up there too BTW. Guy had a rare 4x4 81-82 longed stepside north of the border at the truck crossing right on the main drag.

I’d say that picture you found as an example is perfect. Black steelies with dog dish caps.

Nice find! Looks a good solid truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bowers31