Somebody Please Buy This Truck!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I really want this truck, but I can't spare the $$$. It needs a new 454, but it's otherwise a seemingly solid truck from what I can tell in the pics. Maybe it's different in other places, but no square body crew cabs come this cheap, and if you can get you a cheap RV big block to throw in here, you should be good to go. It's an '88 R30 for $1600.

https://gulfport.craigslist.org/cto/d/1988-gmc-c30-dually/6420511361.html

You must be registered for see images attach

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Looks pretty clean! Those running boards got to go!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The running boards, those towing mirrors, and those window thingies for me. I'd love something like that to do a late model grille on and a Cummins swap.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Hey you can’t take it with you... buy it

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
The running boards, those towing mirrors, and those window thingies for me. I'd love something like that to do a late model grille on and a Cummins swap.
My tan one has window thingies like that they are screwed from underneath into the door. So I'm sure when I pull them I will have to deal with holes ugh. I'd rather have the plastic black ones. We have to be careful here or Honkey will start wanting window thingies! Lol. As for the late model grill swap I think I'm gonna take mine out I like the stacked headlights! To me the newer grill and headlights make it look like the newer body style and I like having the old truck look.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
You're right about making him want the window thingies. Just a fetish for a bunch of thingies. I know the bumper guards get a lot of flak, but I like them myself. I like the stacked headlights a lot, but I've already got one that has them so I'd want something different. I also like the headlight spread on sealed beams that are side by side instead of stacked, but I'm not gonna change the ones on my Jimmy. I know what you mean. GM just wanted the carryover squares to stand coherently by the GMT400 line. It's a good look for me, but I don't say so out of a desire to imitate the newer model trucks.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
It's funny, 25 years ago when I first started seeing guys swap over the the mini quad lights, I thought it was the coolest thing you could do to these. Nowdays, I like to see them as they came from the factory.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
You're right about making him want the window thingies. Just a fetish for a bunch of thingies. I know the bumper guards get a lot of flak, but I like them myself. I like the stacked headlights a lot, but I've already got one that has them so I'd want something different. I also like the headlight spread on sealed beams that are side by side instead of stacked, but I'm not gonna change the ones on my Jimmy. I know what you mean. GM just wanted the carryover squares to stand coherently by the GMT400 line. It's a good look for me, but I don't say so out of a desire to imitate the newer model trucks.
I understand got to have one of each in the collection! Lol! I wondered if the headlights would work better one over the other. I like the side by side look too just not as much I guess. I think that would be a good buy for someone! I paid a little less for my truck needs some engine work but it's there and needs rockers so I think he's right around where he should be price wise

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
My tan one has window thingies like that they are screwed from underneath into the door. So I'm sure when I pull them I will have to deal with holes ugh. I'd rather have the plastic black ones. We have to be careful here or Honkey will start wanting window thingies! Lol. As for the late model grill swap I think I'm gonna take mine out I like the stacked headlights! To me the newer grill and headlights make it look like the newer body style and I like having the old truck look.
Lol you can dispose of the mini quads right here? But I’m guessing the rad support would be salty to ship. Just looked at the pic again I want window thingys now thanks.......:drool::banghead:

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Lol you can dispose of the mini quads right here? But I’m guessing the rad support would be salty to ship. Just looked at the pic again I want window thingys now thanks.......:drool::banghead:
I can cut the support in half or forths that will cut down on shipping costs! I knew you would want them window thingies!

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I can cut the support in half or forths that will cut down on shipping costs! I knew you would want them window thingies!
Lol I got an 89 single large square headlight set up. Don’t cut the rad support up lol

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Hey you can’t take it with you... buy it

I would if it was feasible. Maybe even if it wasn't. I'd do a trade, too, if I had any of the stuff he wanted. I'm still trying to figure something out.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I understand got to have one of each in the collection! Lol! I wondered if the headlights would work better one over the other. I like the side by side look too just not as much I guess. I think that would be a good buy for someone! I paid a little less for my truck needs some engine work but it's there and needs rockers so I think he's right around where he should be price wise

I think there is a noticeable improvement in the spread. Probably about the same directly in front of you, but the sides show up much better, which gives your nighttime visibility a more panoramic feel. I think it's fair price wise. A lot of the guys who want to sell their CCs, at least around where I am, think they're made out of gold and want to sell them for more than they're worth so when one comes up that's perfectly reasonable, it's pretty exciting.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Lol I got an 89 single large square headlight set up. Don’t cut the rad support up lol
I had never seen one of those till I bought the 91 the rad support was junk but I kept the grill and headlights surrounds doubt if I'll ever find someone who needs them though. I never see that style front.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I think there is a noticeable improvement in the spread. Probably about the same directly in front of you, but the sides show up much better, which gives your nighttime visibility a more panoramic feel. I think it's fair price wise. A lot of the guys who want to sell their CCs, at least around where I am, think they're made out of gold and want to sell them for more than they're worth so when one comes up that's perfectly reasonable, it's pretty exciting.
I just thought bigger headlights equals more light! You mean CC are not made of gold? I think mine are!:rotflmao:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RNFL