Signal/wiper stalk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Evil Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
is there a trick to replacing this damn thing? Out of nowhere my wipers stopped working. I went to change the speed on the delay and the whole knob spun feely. Then my wipers stopped and started again on their own. Advance auto had a stalk in stock i bought it and pulled the ole one out hut when i went to install the new one it kicked my a$$. It will not seat all the way in. I slid the keyway part in just like it came out and nothing. I can’t get the old one back in either. There is no cruise so no wires at all. Wtf?! Is there a trick to it?

Evil Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
I give up! having my mechanic look at it Friday... so annoying...

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Is a piece broke off your old one and stuck in there? They usually just pop right in there once they are lined up.

Evil Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5
Engine Size
nope... It's all together... I lined the new one up and I get it in but the delay wiper part of the stalk spins freely and does not engage the wiper controls. You can tell it's not seated all the way in. I can't get the old one to seat proper either. Very strange because it looks super straight forward. Thats why I asked on this forum if there was a trick that I was missing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28