Side mirrors missing bottom bolts or anchors.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joecal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 stepside
Engine Size
305ci
Does anyone have any suggestions on what kind of anchor or bolt to use for the bottom hole on stock mirrors. Mine are missing, there's just a hole there. I really don't want to take off the door panel to use a nut and bolt. The mirrors are in good shape so I really didn't want to buy new ones even though they're fairly cheap. I'm looking for some kind of anchor and bolt or screw to use. I'm assuming this is a common issue with these mirrors when the get old.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
FYI LMC truck now carries the parts. Check page 125 of their current catalog. You actually need these brackets as they help support the mirror. Eventually you may get cracks in the door skins at the other attachment locations. I have a 79 with tripod style mirrors and the top attachment loaction has small stress cracks around the attachment hole. I think this is why GM went to the new style new to prevent this. Removing the door panel is not hard. This bracket fits around the front of the wing window verticle bar and bolts to the inner door panel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128