Show us your custom seat mounts!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
I pulled the factory bench seat and have a sweet set of buckets that I am looking to install and would like to see how y'all have mounted your non-factory seats!

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Nope. There are some that have other model car seats, some with rear Burb later model seats, some with GMT800 front buckets, some with import seats. Are you intending on a center console? I've seen a couple where a rack was built all the way accross the floor in 1 piece to where both seats and a center console was built and all 3 pieces were mounted to the 1 piece floor rack made of angle iron. You might see what you can find in the interior section as far as getting some ideas.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm planning on making a mount to put a pair of Blazer seats in my K20, just haven't done it yet. There have been a few here in different threads.

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
you could use your old seat rails and get some 1" angle iron 1/4" thick. notch the ends to fit over the seat rails and bolt the seats to that and bolt a console in the center. everything would move like the bench does. just a thought.

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
I got the buckets from a friend who pulled them out of his van and it has a nice custom base but it won't work at all. I plan on doing a console but no rush on that. Unfortunately I already sold the old seat, I thought about pulling that original hardware off and working with that as a starting point but oh well. I think it is going to be the ole angle iron and break out the welder. Thanks for the replies.

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
i built a custom rail to mount my 86 camaro seats to.

i ended up cutting the feet on the sliders so they would mount lower. turns out i just built the mount a little wrong so if i did it again this way id be sure the fram was level when mounted in the truck. would have made things a bit easier.

then the bench seat made it to my office.

Kyle Childress

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 silverado
Engine Size
I'm planning on buying a set of king ranch bucket seats for my truck, I'll post stuff up once I get them in mine.

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
Peter thanks for the pics, this was exactly what I am looking for. Looking forward to seeing those pics to Kyle. Once I get mine done I'll post mine to help others since I did a search and didn't have much luck. I finished the new tranny today and pulled the truck out of the garage under it's own power so it's on to the seats now!

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
you could use your old seat rails and get some 1" angle iron 1/4" thick. notch the ends to fit over the seat rails and bolt the seats to that and bolt a console in the center. everything would move like the bench does. just a thought.

That's what I am planning to do with mine. Hope to get to it pretty soon and I will be sure to post pics when I get it done.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
i built a custom rail to mount my 86 camaro seats to.

i ended up cutting the feet on the sliders so they would mount lower. turns out i just built the mount a little wrong so if i did it again this way id be sure the fram was level when mounted in the truck. would have made things a bit easier.

then the bench seat made it to my office.
This is the 1pc system I was referring to that I've seen done before. Mound the console to it too and many times a sub woofer is built into too.

86Peter454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
This is the 1pc system I was referring to that I've seen done before. Mound the console to it too and many times a sub woofer is built into too.

I didn't show a pic with it but yea I built a console and mounted it to the frame.

My buddy is building a center console for his truck with a sub and speakers and stuff mounted in it. Should turn out pretty good.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I didn't show a pic with it but yea I built a console and mounted it to the frame.

My buddy is building a center console for his truck with a sub and speakers and stuff mounted in it. Should turn out pretty good.
Yes, those plans do usually turn out nice and why I suggested it to the OP. Thanks for posting up so he knows what I was talking about. :waytogo:

dvdswan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks like it turned out pretty nice.

Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Stepside
Engine Size
250 Inline 6
Well I decided to check the for sale ads to see if I could get something temporary because I need to get back to "real" work... and I SCORED this mint condition bolt in, color matching velour bench seat for... (drum roll) twenty bux!! Yeah... $20! I am stoked.

I couldn't pass that up even if it was an hour and a half away. So that is what is in my truck now and the buckets are going up for sale. I would love to keep them but I just don't have the time to build the base and I prefer original over custom whenever I can and bench seats are great with female companionship :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes