Show me your 8 lug wheels!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
265/75r16 on a dually? (Can't see for sure if that's the size). Are you running all 4 out back? I checked your threads and media but didn't see anything about them. Nice wheels. Was just curious about the tires....
Yep that’s the size I have. I have all 4 that size out back. I did have to put a 2”
You must be registered for see images attach
spacer in to keep them from rubbing tho. Everything clears on my stock one ton. They run the drag link a little tiny bit at full lock but that’s it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Yep that’s the size I have. I have all 4 that size out back. I did have to put a 2” spacer in to keep them from rubbing tho. Everything clears on my stock one ton. They run the drag link a little tiny bit at full lock but that’s it.
Ok, the spacer explains it.... Thx

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Crap. I just noticed the rig in the back. That yours? A couple weeks ago I saw a few for sale in Texas. Cool looking trucks. What's the name again? Wilewood conversion??? Dang, I can't remember....

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Ok, the spacer explains it.... Thx
Yep that’s my secret. The 2” spacer puts the tires like half an inch out of the wheel wells.

87silveradok20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Levi
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado k20
Engine Size
Crap. I just noticed the rig in the back. That yours? A couple weeks ago I saw a few for sale in Texas. Cool looking trucks. What's the name again? Wilewood conversion??? Dang, I can't remember....
That’s my dads project truck but it’s a western hauler. There was a few companies that made them tho

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That’s my dads project truck but it’s a western hauler. There was a few companies that made them tho
That's it. Thanks! I love the extended crew on those things. The prices I saw were really decent too, considering what they are....

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Ok, one last question.... With the extended cab added on, and the flat bed- do you think they shortened the frame in back, or is it still the regular long bed length?

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Is that what these are supposed to look like?

by the way, do you think this tire is too old to use?

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Is that what these are supposed to look like?

by the way, do you think this tire is too old to use?
Those are one of the best Bridgestone/Firestone truck tires ever made. Over 100k would be the min. life expectancy. Aim a little more to the right on the second picture. Need to see the number that starts with DOT....

Although minor, the sidewalk cracking would make me think those are 10+ years old.... That groove(indentation) makes it look like that tire was run flat too.... Edit: Come to think about it- those have been out of production for at least 15 years, if I'm not mistaken....

Those came OE on a lot of Ford's. There are still old timers wanting to buy more of them. A comparable now is the Transforce H/T. Still, not quite the same as those Steeltex....

Last edited:

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Those are one of the best Firestone truck tires ever made. Over 100k would be the min. life expectancy. Aim a little more to the right on the second picture. Need to see the number that starts with DOT....

Although minor, the sidewalk cracking would make me think those are 10+ years old.... That groove(indentation) makes it look like that tire was run flat too.... Edit: Cole to think about it- those have been oil of production for at least 15 years, if I'm not mistaken....

Those came OE on a lot of Ford's. There are still old timers wanting to buy more of them. They've been out of production for many years now though. A comparable now is the Transforce H/T. Still, not quite the same as those Steeltex....

I was kidding, that's why I took a picture of the date ... these tires were made in 91, haha

edit: I look at the 4 digit date code out of habit because of buying old motorcycles. tires will have decent tread, but you always look at that before you hop on and test ride! too many craigslisters are full of crap.. the first two numbers are the week and the last two are the year.

Last edited:

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I was kidding, that's why I took a picture of the date ... these tires were made in 91, haha
Lol. Ok, that one flew over me....
I spent over 10 years with the company, so I have a little knowledge on their stuff. That's about all though.... Lol

Your date should be to the right of the DOT. Yeah, that's not the date code you took a pic of. Before 2000 would end with 3 digits to signify the date.

Last edited:

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Transforce r some gud rubbers!
Oh yeah. Love those too! 80-100k+ tire. Saw one dude get over 140k out of his. Without being hard as a rock. Pretty good traction ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toby 406