Shoutout To GEB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Hope this is okay to post here...Mods, feel free to move it or delete if necessary.

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to @GEB. I ran across his youtube videos when I was rebuilding my NP205, and they were extremely helpful. He gives a detailed step by step tear down and rebuild of the NP205 in a series of 4 videos. They made my rebuild a lot easier as I was able to watch his videos while working on my own case at the same time. Guys, check out his stuff when you get into a project. He may just have a video on it.

Keep up the great work GEB! :cheers:

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Also info on the SM465 is great!

GEB

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Hope this is okay to post here...Mods, feel free to move it or delete if necessary.

I just wanted to give a quick shoutout to @GEB. I ran across his youtube videos when I was rebuilding my NP205, and they were extremely helpful. He gives a detailed step by step tear down and rebuild of the NP205 in a series of 4 videos. They made my rebuild a lot easier as I was able to watch his videos while working on my own case at the same time. Guys, check out his stuff when you get into a project. He may just have a video on it.

Keep up the great work GEB! :cheers:

Kickdeez thank you!! I have the first vid in the SM465 rebuild series posted now too! I love this stuff and glad I can help!!

GEB

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Thanks!!

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Kickdeez thank you!! I have the first vid in the SM465 rebuild series posted now too! I love this stuff and glad I can help!!

No problem!

I watched the first video of your SM465 rebuild yesterday...Looks good! When do you anticipate finishing this series? I just pulled mine this weekend, and popped the top cover off last night. I intended to just do a re-seal, mostly because I don't have a shop press, and I haven't had any issues with my trans popping out of gear. But the little voice inside my head is telling me I would be foolish not to rebuild it while I have it down, and have all the guts exposed.

Also, when I pulled the top cover, I noticed that there is a roll pin sticking out of the front face of 1st gear by about 3/8". Is that normal? Hard to see in the picture below, but it is there.

You must be registered for see images attach

GEB

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
No problem!

I watched the first video of your SM465 rebuild yesterday...Looks good! When do you anticipate finishing this series? I just pulled mine this weekend, and popped the top cover off last night. I intended to just do a re-seal, mostly because I don't have a shop press, and I haven't had any issues with my trans popping out of gear. But the little voice inside my head is telling me I would be foolish not to rebuild it while I have it down, and have all the guts exposed.

Also, when I pulled the top cover, I noticed that there is a roll pin sticking out of the front face of 1st gear by about 3/8". Is that normal? Hard to see in the picture below, but it is there.

You must be registered for see images attach
[/QUOTE

Yes that roll pin is supposed to be like that.- I was going to have the whole SM465 series done by yesterday- even took vacation from work to do it but then my whole fam and I got sicker than heck. I intend to finish the build this weekend then get more vids posted next week as long as we are all feeling better.

kickdeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
kyle
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 2500
Engine Size
454 tbi
Yes that roll pin is supposed to be like that.- I was going to have the whole SM465 series done by yesterday- even took vacation from work to do it but then my whole fam and I got sicker than heck. I intend to finish the build this weekend then get more vids posted next week as long as we are all feeling better.

Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are all feeling better.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your SM465 rebuild! I'll probably wait until I see the rest of your tear down before I decide if I'm going to go a full rebuild, versus just the reseal.

GEB

Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Sorry to hear about your illness. Hope you are all feeling better.

I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of your SM465 rebuild! I'll probably wait until I see the rest of your tear down before I decide if I'm going to go a full rebuild, versus just the reseal.

Right on man, I appreciate that and in definitely looking forward to the rest of the rebuild too!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84