Short woman assistance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
So my wife likes to say that at only 5ft 3 shes too short to easily get in my stock height truck. I think its ********. But to keep myself happy in bed i decided to fab some up. I got some steel diamond plate for free from work and some structural angle iron. So this is what i came up with. Yes the welds are ugly. Its my first time fabing something like this myself. So be gentle with me and use some lube on the bad weld comments haha

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
The tread will be a peice of 1/4in steel diamond plate 6×10. Ill be bolting it to the frame with a peice of angle and then a gusset down to the step

You must be registered for see images attach

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
i'd like to comment in more detail when there is more time, but while it may seem like b.s., i have had some women(try to) get into the truck, have difficulty with that and then have difficulty reaching for, and closing the door.

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
I know. I like making fun of her cause she has to jump lol. All my complaints about her are just in jest. Im not gonna lie i wont mind them either. Sucks jumping in and out of the truck in full winter gear. But if she didnt push i probally wouldnt of made them

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
First fit. They stick out too far. Thats about the only thing i see wrong with them right now. As soon as my starter problem is fixed ill drive it up to the shop to fit them better. Sucks having to write down measurments to fab them when my truck is 15 miles away at my house

Boltrunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
i'd like to comment in more detail when there is more time, but while it may seem like b.s., i have had some women(try to) get into the truck, have difficulty with that and then have difficulty reaching for, and closing the door.
My kids cant close the door when i pick them up from school

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
When I worked in Arizona both my boss and his wife were both about 4' tall (and 4' wide).

He drove company trucks and she had a hard time getting in and out of them, so they made a little step stool for her to climb up with.

Only problem was - then she couldn't retrieve the stool. So they added a rope.

The process was (1) throw rope into seat, (2) climb up into truck and then (3) hoist the step up into the truck.

I was describing this at the dinner table one day and my son, who must have been 4 yrs old at the time, thoughtfully replied "...yep. That's a long ways up for fat ole' Barb."

:uhoh2:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
yep need some for my truck too but, its got 4 in lift and 35s makes hard for me to get in with a fountain soda in hand. I was thinking about fabing up some kind of rock slider for the fuel tank that would double as a step.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
I think if you fellows would try a finger to sphincter you will find that they jump right in with no problems.

On a serious note though, if it weren't for the steps on my Ram I would struggle getting in. No shame in having a step.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Here’s an extreme example I saw today in my travels.

Iowan

Loud and Proud American!
Reaction score
First Name
Calvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500
Engine Size
350 crate
The tread will be a peice of 1/4in steel diamond plate 6×10. Ill be bolting it to the frame with a peice of angle and then a gusset down to the step

Everyone has to start somewhere.
I like the steps on my truck sorta, they have started to rust out where they mount up though.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
I think if you fellows would try a finger to sphincter you will find that they jump right in with no problems.

That's a waste of a good finger.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
When I worked in Arizona both my boss and his wife were both about 4' tall (and 4' wide).

He drove company trucks and she had a hard time getting in and out of them, so they made a little step stool for her to climb up with.

Only problem was - then she couldn't retrieve the stool. So they added a rope.

The process was (1) throw rope into seat, (2) climb up into truck and then (3) hoist the step up into the truck.

I was describing this at the dinner table one day and my son, who must have been 4 yrs old at the time, thoughtfully replied "...yep. That's a long ways up for fat ole' Barb."

:uhoh2:

That's funny- my wife does something similar. A few years ago work sent me overseas for a month. While I was gone her car died (don't remember why). So I told her to drive my truck.
She grabs a small plastic collapsible step stool and one of my long bungie cords out of the garage. 1) open door, remove step stool 2)stand on stool to enter truck 3)use bungie cord and "go fish" as there is a cutout handle on the stool 4)hoist stool inside truck 5)collapse stool and place on the seat

She said a few people who were walking by would just stop and stare at this procedure. She'd just smile and wave then drive off.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's a waste of a good finger.
Well, use your tongue then. I'm just afraid if you did that, she ain't jumpin' in at all. She's gonna stand there, lean in, grab a hold of the seat and let you lick it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83elcowes