Shifter linkage part #'s needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daryl

Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I need the part #"s for the linkage that attaches to the frame and goes over to the transmission, or what does GM call them?? I cannot find any exploded views. I have the rod that attaches to the steering column and the bracket that is on the transmission. I need the parts that go from the rod over to the frame and the over to the transmission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Sorry, no part numbers... But I know what parts you need. Besides the frame bracket and selector rod, you also need the bushing and spring. And if your long rod doesn't have the adjustment stud on the end, you need that too.

Bushing in center of pic and spring to the left (that's not where it goes, I just didn't want to lose the spring).

You must be registered for see images attach

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
The only store I know that carries the bushing is Advance. The part number is JO-121. It needs to be the one Andy showed in the picture. They carry another one that their computer says fits, but it's a little rubber piece of crap.

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Daryl

Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks guys. I did find a site this morning where I could pull up exploded views that had part #'s. I looked and what I had closer and I do have the bracket that bolts to the frame, so I only need the bar/rod that goes from the frame over to the transmission. I talked with a friend and he said he might have what I need. The website is wholesalegmpartsonline you can bring up parts diagrams and that's how I found what I needed. as for the C/K it only has 85-86 ym.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cheify