She did alright

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Went trail riding with a group of jeeps this past weekend! Wish I woulda got some picks but it was a night ride! Learned a valuable lesson don't air down 16.5 military tires 20psi to low walks a rim into the middle of the tire but got it all back together! Went across a few cricks up some good hill climbs over logs and through some big ruts in my opinion it out did some jeeps

You must be registered for see images attach

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
16.5 tires don't air down well at all unless they have run flats or the rims have bead locks.

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
I knew I couldn't really air em down but 20psi looks right sitting on concrete 30 looks like it'll wear the center out but that's where there stay in till I fab up some beadlocks

rollinon35s

Reaction score
First Name
todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I ran those tires on my rig for a year or so and the sidewall is so stiff they are deceiving. On aluminum wheels I had one that would lose air over time. They all looked good on concrete but when I would throw a tire gauge on them that one would sometimes be down to 20-25 psi and looked no different than the rest with 40 in them. Kind of spooky to me, since my boys would drive it occasionally on the weekends and I had heard lots of horror stories of them coming off the bead, at a low pressure, at highway speed! Just keep checking those pressures until you get some head locks on there, losing a tire that size at highway speed could make for a real bad day. Nice rig by the way

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
This ole girl don't see highway lol but yea I aired em down to go play on private property habnt had issue on the road except the old ones that were on it when I bought it had the centers bald and the side tread in great shape figured the po had run em to high there at 35 now and that's working good

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Figured I'd put all my muddin photos here

More com in this weekend gonna try to finish off the old 350

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Burried her pretty good. them 36s wernt on the ground no more and wet snow over the axles and bumper was plowing! First (off) road on gravel road but no gravel seen... experience with the big block it was a blast took a skid to get to me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linemanjl