Shaking while braking, needing some help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Great thanks a lot HotRodPC! I'll get these ordered tonight after I measure things.
I just have to add, the prices on RockAuto are great! they beat out all of my local part stores and that's even before the extra discount.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Hopefully all the parts will be shipped out of the same warehouse. Otherwise, the shipping can hurt those good deals.

Dutch Rutter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I ordered the bushing for the front and rear leaf springs last night.

And while I was ordering those. I stumbled across a thread, I want to say on 73-87 chevy trucks, the thread was talking about how to diagnose warped rear brake drums. The simple process is to use the e-brake slowly to slow down and see if you can feel the shake/hop/whatever.

So this morning on the way to work I tried it. and sure enough I get the exact same shake. Looks like I'll be getting the rear brakes worked over as well. I'm sure the spring bushings also are contributing to the shake as they look pretty torn up on the back end.

I'll be sure to post up my findings after this weekend. Hopefully I'll have time to get it sorted out.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pbcasterlin