Seat cover woes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
C10 long bed (Frankenstein truck)
Engine Size
Bought one of those heavy duty tweed universal fit seat covers from NAPA..

Thing fits for :poop: Not wide enough bottom portion, which is also too short also (have to reach into the slats intended for the seat belts to reach them)...

Anyone know of a tweed seat cover source that will actually fit a squarebody bench seat???

I know LMC sells one (hope it's not the same size), but they are a lot more than I want to spend unless it's the 'only' choice (and then there's shipping on top of the price)...

Looking just for a black themed seat cover that will hold up to two large dogs bouncing around on it for a reasonable amount of time..

Even after I recover the seat itself, I will need a durable seat cover to protect it when the dogs are in the truck....

Thanks,
Mark
:cheers:

Last edited:

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
At the very least, can someone confirm that LMC's version actually fits?
:shrug:

Oldrider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
I replaced my bottom seat foam and the cover with the LMC version about 4 years ago. It fit great and still looks pretty good. The piping has broken in a few
places on the driver's side.
My truck is brown with the brown interior. I had to get black but at least it is not torn and tattered. I will do it again when this seat wears out in 10 or 20 years.

Old Painless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
Caltrend on summit. Only put mine in about a month ago so can't say for durability, but it fits pretty well. Pretty expensive but so far so good.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So the rest of us don't buy that one from Napa, does it by any chance have a brand name or model # @R8rPhan ?

Old Painless

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Reid
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
6.0 LQ9
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cld-tweed

I'd get a more specific link up but I can't use that choose options button on my phone..

-just realized you were looking for the Napa part and don't know how to delete a post... either way that's the one I'm running and I'm quite happy with it:

Attachments

• IMG_1716.jpg
    IMG_1716.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
https://m.summitracing.com/parts/cld-tweed

I'd get a more specific link up but I can't use that choose options button on my phone..

-just realized you were looking for the Napa part and don't know how to delete a post... either way that's the one I'm running and I'm quite happy with it:

I 'LIKE' that! I plan to paint my truck flat or eggshell dark grey, and have a dark dark blood red pinstripe down the crease along the body.. Ideally, I'll eventually get black seats with red stitching that matches the pinstripe (will have the same color as accents in the wheels and also the grill and recesses around the front lights), so that seat would do real well until I can get that done.. Interior will be largely black with dark red accents... and even after I have the seat done, I'm gonna want to keep a seat cover on it for general use...

It would be perfect if those colors were reversed, so that the red sections were smaller, and the black ones bigger)...

Thanks,
I think I'm sold...

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
So the rest of us don't buy that one from Napa, does it by any chance have a brand name or model # @R8rPhan ?

I don't know if I just got a bad one or what... I mean this thing fits so bad, I have no idea what seat it was intended for (maybe and old datsun??? lol)

But I'll take a picture of the box (and the thing installed) when I get a chance and post it...

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
picture.php

Suppose I'm a bit late here- but this might help in future searches for seat covers. Every so often Costco has a sale on CoverKing seat covers. I have them for the front and rear seats of my Silverado plus for the seat in my K20. It was on sale for $159.

Lots of colors to choose from. I got that as it was supposed to match the blue on the outside of the truck. Not quite... but good enough. Seat cover is neoprene. Feels warm in the winter, doesn't get too hot in the summer.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
picture.php

Suppose I'm a bit late here- but this might help in future searches for seat covers. Every so often Costco has a sale on CoverKing seat covers.

Is this any particular time of year that they sell them?

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
I've never had any luck finding seatcovers that fit well or for that matter last through a summer here in Az.

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Costco online always has them but for the last 3 summers they have put them on sale.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
Costco online always has them but for the last 3 summers they have put them on sale.

I went and looked at them on line, and I even found the brand, but all they showed were for bucket seats.. Nothing for bench seats..

I have to look again and see if I somehow missed something but I don't think I did...

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Just looked myself and didn't see any, it's hard to find them for bench seats anymore.

R8rPhan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Truck Year
1973 (1979?)
Truck Model
Engine Size
I drove the truck down into the valley to get a new windshield (and found out one of my wiper arms is broken, so I still can't drive in the rain till I get a new one), went to an alignment shop to give me an assessment on my front suspension/linkage (looks like I need to be thinking about new ball joints), and wanted to have my tires rebalanced (they were too slammed and I wasn't going to sit there for three hours), to the NAPA store and then back home...

Back was getting sore, and I remembered how much my back used to hurt 35 years ago on long trips in my 73 K10...

So now I'm wondering if I might not prefer some comfortable bucket seats (give me a place to put all my crap in the middle too (and make it easier to access behind the seats)...

So what are the options for affordable buckets? Do buckets allow 'any' reclining at all? I felt like I was right up on top of the steering wheel at first in the C model, but I get used to that... Is it any better with buckets?

Are there any later model car/truck seats that will fit the C/K square body trucks, that I can look for in the junk yards or on line?

What about split benches, with fold down centers and integrated buckets?

What are my options?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell