Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Probably a Full Size Jeep axle. with the 6 lug and SUA.

3500 HD's had a big Dana rear end, 80 I think.

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'll give you guys a hint. It's within this circle.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412383491784.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412383491784.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 207

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
What's up with the 5 lug front and 10 lug rear? Unfortunately that's not a 14 bolt that's heavier duty.

That's the way they built those, same bolt circle, same wheels, just less lugs.

Stewzer55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Stew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
350 TBI
Heavy trucks haven't really changed much, If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

BowTieJockey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trey
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Re: 81-86 k5 blazer parts

Well the gem is a Dana 60
Here is the story.

I was getting the blazer unloaded when my dad noticed a 77-79 hp Ford Dana 44 complete laying there for scrap, after he pointed it out I said no there's not A hp Dana 44 there's two. So we talked to the owner and we agreed that with them being picked up by the claw they could have Ben damaged so $75 a piece was fair. So we got them loaded and my dad was very reluctant to walk over to the section of for sale parts (he didn't want to be late for work), I said you never know what's over there until you go. There could be a Dana 60 and we would be without, so I said just walk around for five minutes and quick scan. Well what do you know I seen the king pin sticking out of the pile, then I noticed on one of then14 bolts had Matching wheels so I picked the set up for $175.

However the owner wanted the rear springs off because they torched them cutting it out of the truck anyways. Well by the torches was a lb 8 lug 10 bolt with 4 inch lift springs that he sold us for $75.

So $400 for the whole load. I'm selling the hp 44s to recoup it and get it for free. But in the mean time I'm still happy to say I paid $87.50 for a Dana 60.

I had to see what the shape of the inside of all of it was so I did.

The hp 44 with the yellow lift springs yes both of them were there. Has the factors 3.50 gear and track lock.

The other hp 44 has the factory 3.50 gear and open carrier

The 8 lug 10 bolt wound up with 4.10 and open carrier

Then came the best purchase, the 1 tons, that just so happens to be cucv pull outs with 4.56s and a Detroit locker in the rear. SCORE!

Everything was perfect inside all of the axles except for leaky pinion seals on the two front gm axles and a bad pinion beafing in the Dana 60.

A deal that may wish they could even be a part of.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Or in the hat of the rotor like the new AAM 14 bolts.

Not sure when they came back out with that.

Interestingly, my grandfather invented that back in 1963 for the Corvette. Started as a rebellion and GM went with it. He hated disc brakes.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well the gem is a Dana 60
Here is the story.

I was getting the blazer unloaded when my dad noticed a 77-79 hp Ford Dana 44 complete laying there for scrap, after he pointed it out I said no there's not A hp Dana 44 there's two. So we talked to the owner and we agreed that with them being picked up by the claw they could have Ben damaged so $75 a piece was fair. So we got them loaded and my dad was very reluctant to walk over to the section of for sale parts (he didn't want to be late for work), I said you never know what's over there until you go. There could be a Dana 60 and we would be without, so I said just walk around for five minutes and quick scan. Well what do you know I seen the king pin sticking out of the pile, then I noticed on one of then14 bolts had Matching wheels so I picked the set up for $175.

However the owner wanted the rear springs off because they torched them cutting it out of the truck anyways. Well by the torches was a lb 8 lug 10 bolt with 4 inch lift springs that he sold us for $75.

So $400 for the whole load. I'm selling the hp 44s to recoup it and get it for free. But in the mean time I'm still happy to say I paid $87.50 for a Dana 60.

I had to see what the shape of the inside of all of it was so I did.

The hp 44 with the yellow lift springs yes both of them were there. Has the factors 3.50 gear and track lock.

The other hp 44 has the factory 3.50 gear and open carrier

The 8 lug 10 bolt wound up with 4.10 and open carrier

Then came the best purchase, the 1 tons, that just so happens to be cucv pull outs with 4.56s and a Detroit locker in the rear. SCORE!

Everything was perfect inside all of the axles except for leaky pinion seals on the two front gm axles and a bad pinion beafing in the Dana 60.

A deal that may wish they could even be a part of.

Hell of a Steal... uhh I mean Deal !!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave