Scores from DIY Parts Yards, Pull A Part, U Pull It etc

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Again, for July 1st through July 4th, LKQ Pick Your Part yards are doing 40% off.

https://www.lkqpickyourpart.com/

Go to their home page, put in your zip code and find the yard nearest you. There you can find price lists and inventory for your location.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Wish there was one around here.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
how does LKQ compare to U Pull & Pay? A radiator for example is $35 at UPP everyday, but $45 at LKQ this weekend after 40% off. Both prices reflect no core.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
how does LKQ compare to U Pull & Pay? A radiator for example is $35 at UPP everyday, but $45 at LKQ this weekend after 40% off. Both prices reflect no core.
IF you get to the LKQ Price list, it lists the Core charges, the 30 day warranty price and the extended warranty price.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
right, but why the huge difference in price? Regular pricing, LKQ wants $77 for a copper and $52 for aluminum radiator. U Pick n Pull has radiators listed at $35 regardless of make. Again, all prices mentioned above include the core charge. Does someone walk around with you and pull the part? Free beer? LOL I'm just trying to figure out why I would go to LKQ and not go to U Pick n Pull (UPP). I've been to UPP twice, other than that I have no U pull it yard experience. Hell I didn't know the wheel barrels were provided by them until the 2nd time. I lugged all my tools the first time for nothing.....it's free! Both LKQ and UPP are 2.5 hrs away and within 20 minutes of each other. Local yards in BF SE-KY think their **** is gold, but they pull it for you.

Sounds like I need to just stop in there, next time I'm in the Cinci area, regardless if I need anything or not just to see.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
So..beacuse of 3 re sprays on my current 87 hood...I decided to pickup another hood that had less bodywork done to it to ensure better paint adhesion. The shop that painted my entire truck actually offered to re spray and cut and polish any replacement hood that I bring to them since they have had a hell of a time with my current hood. They have beennbattling issues with bubbling and adhesion.

I scored an 87 hood locally for $45... rust free, damage free and hopefully trouble free for the paint shop.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
So..beacuse of 3 re sprays on my current 87 hood...I decided to pickup another hood that had less bodywork done to it to ensure better paint adhesion. The shop that painted my entire truck actually offered to re spray and cut and polish any replacement hood that I bring to them since they have had a hell of a time with my current hood. They have beennbattling issues with bubbling and adhesion.

I scored an 87 hood locally for $45... rust free, damage free and hopefully trouble free for the paint shop.
Sweet.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Luckily there are still a ton of square and burb parts available here in Az. Seems that the part prices are staying low...Hell...I saw an ad on craiglist Phx for an entire front clip off of a K5 for $100. The clip was both side fenders, hood, grill, lights, bezels, radiator shroud and core support. I saw that ad AFTER driving back home from dropping off my new hood at the paint shop. Oh well...now I'm gonna have two painted hoods for the square. I will probably just hang the previous hood up in my garage unless someone wants to buy it for their project truck. It would have been nice to get the entire front clip.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Prices of scrap metal and car bodies falling to the floor was a good thing IMO. I was buying trucks, some of them jus rollers, for $100-$300 until car bodies scrap hit $240 a ton and then everyone wanted $600 for a beat up roller. Sadly, in that few years of scrap being higher, many many many good parts and trucks setting out in pastures or barns were dragged over the scale. So yeah, the prices have come down but the parts are slim pickings now days it seems like. I cringed everytime I'd drive by the scrap yard and see another 2 or 3 squares in line for the crusher.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
$30. It was out of an 84 donor that was the same paint scheme as my truck, just a long bed.
Sadly she had been picked over. But I also scored a wiper arm I needed, oil pressure sender, and gear selection indicator. All for $39.

RIP old truck.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I went thinking they were having a half off sale for Memorial day, turns out is was another junkyard either way I found a 99 burban 2500 4x4 still had the 4l80e in it. After many hours removing it myself on my back and without a jack it is currently in the bed of my truck, after removing it not sure if it is the score of the day or curse in disguise. Cost of trans 99.99 + core total $147.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
If you did it without getting any musculoskeletal or nervous injuries, I’d say it was a good score. :waytogo:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Take a junk ass transmission back to get your core back and I'd say you did damn good. Did good anyway to find a 4x4 4L80-E for that price.

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
If you did it without getting any musculoskeletal or nervous injuries, I’d say it was a good score. :waytogo:

little bit of blood from **** int he way but I cant work on anything at all without bleeding. Weather.com says its 88 and humidity makes it feel like 93, felt more like 113 while removing that bastard. Dont have a core to return and doubt I could find one for less than the $32 core charge.