Sand blast cabinet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Yes I have a HF cabinet, I did a few of the mods you see on YouTube. Been very happy with it. My only problem is it isn't tall enough for me, but than I'm 6'5" I need to lift it up about 6" and it will be great. Just curious why do you need to roll it around? I bought a cyclone filter, haven't had the time to set it up.

seabee

Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
I been told they leak and do not want my shop dusty. Saw a guy put wheels on his and rolled it out side to use . Plus may need to move around my shop when not using . Does your leak bad ? I've been told to use black beauty or glass . What mods have you done to it . Thanks Seabee

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
I been told they leak and do not want my shop dusty. Saw a guy put wheels on his and rolled it out side to use . Plus may need to move around my shop when not using . Does your leak bad ? I've been told to use black beauty or glass . What mods have you done to it . Thanks Seabee

they do leak if you build them according to their instructions, if you buy a large tube of orange RTV for use in a caulk gun you can seal them up pretty good. You will need a designated vacuum connected to it to help keep it visible inside, I suggest one with a lifetime warranty. The additional mods can help with use like dedicate water filters for the air, additional hose inside to blow off sand before opening the door etc.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I haven't said much about the sand blasting cabinet. Since I got my new air compressor hooked up and running, this cabinet has been a beast. I am doing a set of wheels for one of my buddies I work with, than I'll be powder coating them. I did add a couple of LED lights from Wal-Mart they are the under the cabinet kind cost me 9.00 each. I need a new sand blasting gun, the one it came with sucks. If anyone has a suggestion on a good brand that won't break the bank let me know.

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
The pics are before, and after with the new lights.

The wheel that is partly sand blasted, was just screwing around a bit trying to see how it works with the new compressor. I did all that..non stop in about 35 minutes, and that is with the crappy gun. I think when I get a better gun it will work much faster.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
The pics are before, and after with the new lights.

The wheel that is partly sand blasted, was just screwing around a bit trying to see how it works with the new compressor. I did all that..non stop in about 35 minutes, and that is with the crappy gun. I think when I get a better gun it will work much faster.
What are you blasting with?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
It's Walnut I think, got it from Tractor Supply it works OK. I would rather have glass bead, but I can't find it around here. I have a real problem paying 9.00 dollars for a 50lb bag, and 40.00 for shipping.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
X2 on the walnut shells. We use glass beads at work and they are pretty good too. Baking soda works well but is dusty no matter what.

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
The HF cabinet that I have, has a provision to hook a shop vac to the back of it.

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I use coal slag called "Black Beauty" or something like that for rust and most iron or steel projects.
All the chinese tool outlets sell it, harbor freight, tractor supply, northern tool.
It wont cut chrome though. Lol

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
I have aluminum oxide in mine and it seems to work great. Anybody else use aluminum oxide?

Jrgunn5150

Questionable methods
Reaction score
First Name
J.R.
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
6.slow
I use crushed glass.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I use coal slag called "Black Beauty" or something like that for rust and most iron or steel projects.
All the chinese tool outlets sell it, harbor freight, tractor supply, northern tool.
It wont cut chrome though. Lol
We had a company blast a fixture for us. I got 2 100lb bags of black beauty. I like it. And free was a good price lol

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
I have aluminum oxide in mine and it seems to work great. Anybody else use aluminum oxide?

I believe I have a 50lb bucket of aluminum oxide in a medical grade "ultra fine" that we used for refurbishing some stainless steel devices. I did a great job on my ancient BBC M/T valve covers. Almost made them shiny!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T3rraBeara