Rough country 4 inch lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys haven't posted in awhile. I'm in the process of lifting my 78 k10 4 inches. I have the front end complete. I was told that to make my truck sit right with the blocks I got for the rear, I'm gonna need an add a leaf. Just curious if anyone else has the same lift and if their truck sat right with just the blocks. I understand everyone's truck is different. I just don't want to put the blocks in and it sit too low in the back or put the add a leaf and the blocks and it sit too high. Thanks in advance

You must be registered for see images attach

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
IDE say skip the blocks and do a shackle flip. That will yield 4" and if you need more get lift shackles.....I'm very anti lift block due to the axle wrap thing.good looking truck where in PA are you?

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Isn't there problems with the pinon angle after a shackle flip? How do you fix that? Only thing that sucks is I got the kit so I already have the blocks. And thank you. I'm right outside of Johnstown

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Isn't there problems with the pinon angle after a shackle flip? How do you fix that? Only thing that sucks is I got the kit so I already have the blocks. And thank you. I'm right outside of Johnstown
The shackle flip corrects the pinion angle. It drops the rear part of the spring which points the pinion towards the transfer case. When I got my 6" kit it came with 4" blocks and an add a leaf. I sold the blocks and U bolts got stock size U bolts and did the shackle flip. With the Super lift flip brackets you can use 56" springs instead of 52". You just have to swap them left to right.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I've had a couple of trucks with add a leafs, one 1/2 ton short bed and a 3/4 ton long bed. Both rode poorly. One option is if you go with a true add a leaf is to remove a similar length factory leaf. That way you get the arch you need without added stiffness. I've used lift blocks in several of my trucks and never had any issues. Here's another possibility. Zero rate add a leaf from ORD. You may talk to them and see if it's an option in your application.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero Rates.htm

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The shackle flip corrects the pinion angle. It drops the rear part of the spring which points the pinion towards the transfer case. When I got my 6" kit it came with 4" blocks and an add a leaf. I sold the blocks and U bolts got stock size U bolts and did the shackle flip. With the Super lift flip brackets you can use 56" springs instead of 52". You just have to swap them left to right.

Alright thank you I'll definitely consider it

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've had a couple of trucks with add a leafs, one 1/2 ton short bed and a 3/4 ton long bed. Both rode poorly. One option is if you go with a true add a leaf is to remove a similar length factory leaf. That way you get the arch you need without added stiffness. I've used lift blocks in several of my trucks and never had any issues. Here's another possibility. Zero rate add a leaf from ORD. You may talk to them and see if it's an option in your application.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/Zero Rates.htm

Thank you. With the blocks did you ever need to add a leaf or did everything sit level?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
My '79 K15 was 32" from the middle of the hub to the upper trim line. I used Tuff Country 4" EZ rides in front and a 4" block in the back. My truck had a 350/350/203 combo. The suspension was set up this way for about 4 years before I sold it. My truck had the stock 6 leaf set up in the rear. I hauled at least 12 large loads of gravel and never had an issue with sagging after I unloaded it.

78 Square

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My '79 K15 was 32" from the middle of the hub to the upper trim line. I used Tuff Country 4" EZ rides in front and a 4" block in the back. My truck had a 350/350/203 combo. The suspension was set up this way for about 4 years before I sold it. My truck had the stock 6 leaf set up in the rear. I hauled at least 12 large loads of gravel and never had an issue with sagging after I unloaded it.

Cool sounds good. Guess I'll find out for sure sometime this week. I appreciate it

CaptainA

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
I have the four inch lift with only blocks in the rear. It might look level but it's parked on a hill. I bought it this way and the guy before me used it to haul firewood out of his lot. I don't know if it's sagging because of that or the lift, but I'm definitely gonna swap out lifts in the near future. On a side note, my truck does have the three inch body lift also, that's why it looks bigger.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg