Right dash speaker doesn't work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Restoredrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 v8
there is power to both the green wires but it's pretty faint (I don't have a multimeter but the test light shines extremely dim so I imagine the power going to those wires are low, any ideas on how to fix that?

Restoredrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
350 v8
I thought I would add that all other speakers work great

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Did you make sure that the wires are not reverse polarized at the speaker or the head unit and that any splices you may have made didn't break? Is this an aftermarket setup or a Delco 2700?

RustyPile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
1983 GMC
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 SBC
A test light is not a good tool for testing speakers and the related circuit.. The current on the circuit is audio frequency, (a form of AC) not readily measured using conventional means.. Complex electronic testing equipment is required..

A quick and easy method is to disconnect the speaker and connect a known good one.. If sound is restored, you have a bad speaker.. If no sound, you have either bad wiring for that speaker or the speaker "channel" inside the radio is bad...

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Like Nick suggests; the output to a speaker is an AC voltage and really can't be confirmed with a test light. Also, since that voltage is so low (like 1 VAC), it can be difficult to measure even when using a multimeter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK