Reverse Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
So ive been slowly tackling all the electrical and wiring issues on my 1980 Jimmy that I purchased about a year ago. Recently fixed my ignition switch and neutral safety switch, wiring for my HVAC and wiring for interior lights. I know the reverse lights are tied to the neutral safety switch on the column and it has some adjustment on the switch. Ive tried adjusting the switch with the Jimmy on and in reverse to see if I can get them to turn on but haven't found the sweet spot as of yet. I believe the reverse lights share the same fuse as the signal as well which ive checked and appears to be fine. From reading other posts 2 wires come into the switch and 2 wires come out which power the reverse lights. I haven't put a test light on these wires yet but that's my next task.

Does anyone have any suggestions which to test, other areas to check or anything else to adjust?

any help would be greatly appreciated

thank you

C10MixMaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 BIG10
Engine Size
ZZ4 350
pull the connector with the blue and green wires from the neutral safety switch. jumper those two wires together. if your back up light come on you have a switch that's bad or an adjustment issue. If not check for voltage the blue wire should be hot (ignition on) If it has voltage you problem is between the switch and the tail lights. if it doesnt have voltage your problem is between the switch and fuse panel. There is also a plug at the rear of the bed you can test for voltage there to. If anyone has added tow lights check there splices the might have messed up the wires there. Don't forget to check the bulbs you could have 2 bad bulbs.

Marcos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
thank you very much for the advice! ill pull the bulbs and check this afternoon. If nothing then ill try your other recommendations. again thank you very much

Marcos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcos
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
C10 thank u again for the info. I was able to trace the problem to the wiring at the plug you mentioned in the rear. There was a terrible splice for some trailer wiring like you mentioned. All fixed now thanks again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djisurfli