Reverse lights not working!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87Hi-v15HND

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Truck Year
Truck Model
v1500
Engine Size
So I have power to the rear harness plug for my running lights, turn signals and brake lights but nothing for reverse!

So I traced the wires all the way up to where they plug into the fire wall but from there I’m not sure where they go and what could be causing them not to work. Is it in the steering column? Need some leads here! Thanks!

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
So I have power to the rear harness plug for my running lights, turn signals and brake lights but nothing for reverse!

So I traced the wires all the way up to where they plug into the fire wall but from there I’m not sure where they go and what could be causing them not to work. Is it in the steering column? Need some leads here! Thanks!

If equipped with an AT, the switch is mounted on the steering column - down where it penetrates the firewall:

You must be registered for see images attach

The DK BLU lead runs from the fuse block to the switch and the LT GRN runs from the switch to the B/U lights - in the rear harness.

You might want to read this:

http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/neutral-switch-replacement-adjust-help-needed.10266/

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg