Retro's 1989 GMC Sierra C1500 Sportside Indy clone

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Please tell me you took the steering wheel and column. I need those badly.
Also need windshield washer bottle and under dash plastic panel covers. Would take a dash pad for a spare as well if not too much. And rear seats if grey cloth. Let me me know if you could get those for decent price and I can come down and pickup/pay, or pay earlier and some for your trouble. Would be nice if you can find a front driveshaft for a square as well.

So some mental midget sent this 1989 Formula 350 t-top car to the junkyard for a bad fuel pump. Someone was getting the TPI off it but let me get the intake hoses and MAF. ($5 for all of it, LKQ loves me)

It had a perfect dash pad, 5 band EQ cassette, full co2 canister, t-top shades, perfect WS6 centercaps and 140MPH cluster. I nabbed all those. The interior was in great condition except for a couple of rips in the driver's seat.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Please tell me you took the steering wheel and column. I need those badly.
Also need windshield washer bottle and under dash plastic panel covers.

No, unfortunately, I did not know you needed them. I was limited on funds today, I got all I could afford.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Or a friend of mine might be able to come over with some cash if you have a lead on a front driveshaft

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
@yevgenievich There is a 1990 Blazer at Wrench-A-Part and my daughter and i are going there tomorrow, I will see if it has a front shaft. That's the only local one in the yards that I know of right now. If it's still there (I don't think it had a drivetrain but the rear was full of stuff), they are around $30.

It depends on who I get as a cashier at LKQ, I can get a good deal or get stuff around half off. (he only charged me half on most of the parts I got today)

If I have to get them for full price, here's a breakdown on the parts you're wanting:

Column with wheel: $50
Washer bottle: $10-15
Plastic panels: $20
Seats (they were in excellent condition and light gray): $55

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
@yevgenievich There is a 1990 Blazer at Wrench-A-Part and my daughter and i are going there tomorrow, I will see if it has a front shaft. That's the only local one in the yards that I know of right now. If it's still there (I don't think it had a drivetrain but the rear was full of stuff), they are around $30.

It depends on who I get as a cashier at LKQ, I can get a good deal or get stuff around half off. (he only charged me half on most of the parts I got today)

If I have to get them for full price, here's a breakdown on the parts you're wanting:

I’ll take the front axles.......lol a second set of spare 30 spline axles would kick ass lol

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size

Why is everything so inexpensive there?? Around here it would be twice as much at least and everything would be covered in a nice layer of rust. Even the plastic stuff rusts out around here.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I would take all of those. Can even call me and I can pay over the phone with credit card or debit card if needed. A friend of mine could possibly drive down tomorrow.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
And one more item that is hard to find if you stumble in to it. Connector for oil pressure sensor from 98 v8 camaro.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Well, I am now not sure when or if I can get out there again @yevgenievich. My wife found a lump and we're praying it is just scar tissue but cancer does run in her family (her sister is fighting breast cancer now) and right now this is taking priority over anything else. I apologize.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Well, I am now not sure when or if I can get out there again @yevgenievich. My wife found a lump and we're praying it is just scar tissue but cancer does run in her family (her sister is fighting breast cancer now) and right now this is taking priority over anything else. I apologize.
Best wishes man.

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
That sucks hope things work out, prayers go out..

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Wishing for best outcome. Don't worry about the parts, just seen an opportunity to possibly get a lot of things that are just impossible to find locally. I was asking a lot. Life takes priority.
Hoping for best outcome for your family.
If you find time to look for some of those items, generally I understand there is a finders fee to pay as it takes time to get them.

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Best wishes for your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts