Replacement seat upholstery

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dougbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
doug
Truck Year
Truck Model
K1500/nv4500/np241c/33x12.50x16/4.10 Gears 14BFF
Engine Size
5.3L - 2002 Silverado, rebuilt top end, long tube headers
I had a quote of $500 to redo the bench seat here in Utah

sdewolfe

Reaction score
First Name
Shannon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That pattern is tweed. Gray, white, black tweed. I don't recall seeing tweed as factory upholstery on any truck. I am not an expert on upholstery but I think odds are good that the seat was recovered. It looks nice though. If you want it to stay the same, tell the upholstery shop to match it as closely as possible.

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
That pattern is tweed. Gray, white, black tweed. I don't recall seeing tweed as factory upholstery on any truck. I am not an expert on upholstery but I think odds are good that the seat was recovered. It looks nice though. If you want it to stay the same, tell the upholstery shop to match it as closely as possible.

This is actually the original seat that came with the truck when it was bought in late '84. My father-in-law picked it up at our local Chevy dealer. Traded an '82 longbed for it. Only truck I have ever seen this seat in.

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
This is actually the original seat that came with the truck when it was bought in late '84. My father-in-law picked it up at our local Chevy dealer. Traded an '82 longbed for it. Only truck I have ever seen this seat in.

I think that fabric style is "Deluxe Cloth" and it is done in "Dark Charcoal" - RPO code is 18D.

Your seat is an A52 style (just a plain old bench seat):
You must be registered for see images attach

Color chart for seat trim (1987):

Parts list for A52 seat trim (I used the cushion list but the seat back P/N's are the same):

Note that the Trim Material Type index at the top of the first page is screwed up. They only list three codes, when there should be four. There should be two types of cloth - Custom (C) and Deluxe (D). You can look down the and see the two vinyls (V & W) and also the two cloth fabrics.

I had to go to the 1984 parts list to figure it out:

And even that was confusing because in 1985 they changed the names from Cloth (C) and Custom Cloth (D) to Custom and Deluxe.

Last edited:

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Awesome, I looked at the RPO codes and mine is a 18C, then it shows CJJ1, Charcoal Deluxe. That shows as the combo in one of the pictures you have. Thanks a bunch...that answers quite a bit of questions I had.

BillyP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2 Diesel
Here is a picture of the RPOs

OkieFishMan

Certified Camping and Fishing Nut
Reaction score
First Name
OkieFishMan
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC C2500
Engine Size
454/SM465
Has any one used these guys if so how did you like there stuff.
I ordered some carpet samples from them and it was nice stuff. I ended up using vinyl flooring on my rig, which they don't handle, so I ordered from somewhere else. I would buy from them though. I've seen the outfit used for interior goods on tv shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tetz73