Replacement-Bedsides for 82, Long bed, with dual square fuel doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lance Wygant

Reaction score
First Name
Lance
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
Hello,
I am restoring my 1982 Chevy K20, Long bed, with dual tanks, that have the square fuel doors.
I will be spending a lot of money on sheet metal parts and want to purchase the best ones on the market. This is my first restro and not sure how to evaluate all the aftermarket parts out there.

Question # 1. Does anyone offer a "complete bedside" one with the inner and outer already panels welded together? If so, whom, where to look ?

Question #2. From experience can anyone direct me to what brand aftermarket parts you think are the best made and heaviest gauge material?

With paint being so expensive, I dont want to be cheap on buying my replacement parts.
I am planning on replacing both front fenders(inner and outer), both doors, both bedside, and tailgate.
Plus, rockers and cab corners(inner and outer)

I would appreciate your advise from experience on what were good parts and ones you didnt like.

thanks

Charlie

Mopar by Birth. Chevy by Choice.
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
Cheyenne 10 LWB
Engine Size
350/TH350/AC/4 BBL Quadrajet
:welcome:

Big Chip

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C35
Engine Size
Hello,
I am restoring my 1982 Chevy K20, Long bed, with dual tanks, that have the square fuel doors.
I will be spending a lot of money on sheet metal parts and want to purchase the best ones on the market. This is my first restro and not sure how to evaluate all the aftermarket parts out there.

Question # 1. Does anyone offer a "complete bedside" one with the inner and outer already panels welded together? If so, whom, where to look ?

Question #2. From experience can anyone direct me to what brand aftermarket parts you think are the best made and heaviest gauge material?

With paint being so expensive, I dont want to be cheap on buying my replacement parts.
I am planning on replacing both front fenders(inner and outer), both doors, both bedside, and tailgate.
Plus, rockers and cab corners(inner and outer)

I would appreciate your advise from experience on what were good parts and ones you didnt like.

thanks
I would scour the internet for a decent bed and replace the whole thing. There are still some decent deals out there.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I would scour the internet for a decent bed and replace the whole thing. There are still some decent deals out there.
Especially in the south west

Squarehead1984

Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
I’m looking for the same advice.

I have an 84 that needs the passenger side.
I’ve looked at brothers trucks and LMC. They appear to be complete bed sides which on mine bolt on with exception to the wheel opening which is pinch welded.

ajordan282

Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I've gotten body parts (hood, fenders, cab corners, tailgate, doors, bed patch panels) from both LMC and Brothers. Both sent crappy parts (damaged upon arrival, thin wavy panels, etc). Some of the parts I repaired, others are simply not useable, total trash. I actually ended up fixing my old hood instead of trying to get the waves out of the new one. Its unfortunate but it seems that the standard for body panel quality is extremely low. Maybe there are other suppliers out there that are better but I was extremely disappointed by both LMC and Brothers.

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
Following as well..:popcorn:

Latest posts