Rear flip issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
So got all rear components installed wich include 5" flip, new u bolts and plate, 2" shackles, c notch ,removed over load leaf and installed ONE shock(shocks were included with kit)....... thats the problem the passenger side shock was too short. The distance from the lower shock mount and top mount were 16 1/2". Shock totally extended was 14 1/2. Driver side went on no problem distance from mounts were just under 14 1/2. I tried jacking up passanger side of the axel as high as it would go before it started to lift truck and still about an inch off. Seemed as if maybe the axel was a little **** eyed but after measuring concluded that wasnt the problem. So i did the whole jack her up as far as shell go and with some leverage to push down the frame i gotthe lowershock bolt in. But it just didnt look right after all the weight was off and the leafs were at full sag (See pics) Passanger side was alot higher.When i put truck on ground there was no play in passenger side shock ,super stiff as if the shock itself was in a bind. Now of course my passanger side sits higher then driver side. One theory ismaybe when i put the bed back on the weightwill help it settle. And one solution i had was maybeget shock extenders and go with a longer shock. The whole 2" difference from passanger sidemounts and driver side mounts concern methough . Any advice would be much appreciated

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
send a picture of the out side frame rail showing the shock mount on the frame on the side that has the problem.
the distance from frame mount to axle mount should be the same left to right side. if the distance on the passenger side is longer than the driver side than the mount on the frame is in the wrong place or your axle is too far back on the mount but it doesn't look like it in the pictures.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
send a picture of the out side frame rail showing the shock mount on the frame on the side that has the problem.
the distance from frame mount to axle mount should be the same left to right side. if the distance on the passenger side is longer than the driver side than the mount on the frame is in the wrong place or your axle is too far back on the mount but it doesn't look like it in the pictures.
even slightly bent top mount

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
well the shock mount is in the right place.
both shocks off the truck.. fully extended same length?

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
where In phx are you? if you're close and have beer I will come take a look at it. :cheers:

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
. if the distance on the passenger side is longer than the driver side than the mount on the frame is in the wrong place or your axle is too far back on the mount but it doesn't look like it in the pictures.
That's what my first thought was but i used a plum bob to find center of axle on both sides and measured form back edge of frame and was within a 1/16 of eachother. And also figured the "alignment" holes on both the bottom plate and axel craddle would line everything up

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
well the shock mount is in the right place.
both shocks off the truck.. fully extended same length?
Yeah both shocks fully extended

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
where In phx are you? if you're close and have beer I will come take a look at it. :cheers:
Hahaha im in laveen and have a fridge full of cerveza

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
X2 I am in North Phx, just off the 51 and Cactus, so if you need some help, I too could help

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Laveen, hell my pops lives there. Small world.

R10C10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
350/700R4
hard to tell but your pinion angle seems to be point at the ground. if that's the case you may need to shim pinion up. with it pointing at the ground that would move your driver side shock closer to the frame mount and passenger mount farther from the frame mount. adjusting the pinion angle up may bring mounts closer to where they need to be

smoothandlow84

Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
350 TBI
Maybe the rear hangers are binding up?

The pinion angle is too much. 3 degrees is all you want to have. The axle needs to be rolled upwards a bit.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Maybe the rear hangers are binding up?

The pinion angle is too much. 3 degrees is all you want to have. The axle needs to be rolled upwards a bit.

Cotas86

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
dang near straight as an arrow. Afraid if i roll it any ill run into same problem on driver side

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iiixtremeiii