Ready to build some real power?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illmanners

Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
C-10
Engine Size
Serious doubts about that set-up providing the HP you mentioned. You mentioned a 3/4 race cam. In the good ole' days, (50,s-60,s) that term was used pretty loosely to describe an engine that put out approx 220-/225 HP as there actually is no such thing as a 3/4 race cam. Regardless of engine and cam, either you are racing it or you are not.

Grumpy's Performance Garage describes it this way:

1/2 race generally burbled at idle and had some improved hp, generally in the 210 dur range on a wide lsa

3/4 race loped at idle and was generally in the 220-225 dur range on a tight lsa

full race loped at idle, had good hp and generally fell in the 235-245 dur range

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Serious doubts about that set-up providing the HP you mentioned. You mentioned a 3/4 race cam. In the good ole' days, (50,s-60,s) that term was used pretty loosely to describe an engine that put out approx 220-/225 HP as there actually is no such thing as a 3/4 race cam. Regardless of engine and cam, either you are racing it or you are not.

Grumpy's Performance Garage describes it this way:

1/2 race generally burbled at idle and had some improved hp, generally in the 210 dur range on a wide lsa

3/4 race loped at idle and was generally in the 220-225 dur range on a tight lsa

full race loped at idle, had good hp and generally fell in the 235-245 dur range

It was satire

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Surprised I missed this thread until now. The system obviously has a lot of flaws, but it's not as bad as it's made out to be. There's a few members on thirdgen.org that get reasonable performance out of them. Supposedly they run a lot better when adapted to an '87 and later TBI harness/ecm. There's also an aftermarket manifold that flows much much better and I think you can get larger tb's also.

I have a complete setup that I'm determined to use on something eventually. Why you ask? Because it's different and I want to, lol.

And I always thought the nickname was "ceasefire injection".

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Surprised I missed this thread until now. The system obviously has a lot of flaws, but it's not as bad as it's made out to be. There's a few members on thirdgen.org that get reasonable performance out of them. Supposedly they run a lot better when adapted to an '87 and later TBI harness/ecm. There's also an aftermarket manifold that flows much much better and I think you can get larger tb's also.

I have a complete setup that I'm determined to use on something eventually. Why you ask? Because it's different and I want to, lol.

And I always thought the nickname was "ceasefire injection".

twin tbi from an 87+ tbi truck or car is supposed to help. But it is still regarded as putting a band aide on a broken leg.

AzGeo

Reaction score
At GM Proving Grounds (in the 70's) those were known as "ceasefires", in the Vettes, the Camero's and Firebirds .

I got paid a lot of overtime, trying to get those "jewels" to pass the "ALDL smog tests", at the Van Nuys plant .

GM tried that intake to "increase low and mid range torque", on a 305" weak motor .

They THOUGHT that it's shape would conger up the "impression" of performance of the "over the counter" Z28, carburetor intake of the late 60's .

The ports are small because it needed to keep the air and fuel suspended for a longer distance, and the 305" couldn't breath any more than what that thing would deliver .

IT will not make power in it's present form, even with "twin two injector bodies" in place of the singles .

Eddie Marine/Eddie Performance, makes a similar and slightly larger "cross ram intake", but it too is no match for the GM, M/T, Moon, Edelbrock, Weiand, original cross rams, for big or small blocks .

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of REAL POWER the originator of this thread was looking for .

"Saving money not removing the block", and then blowing money on "aluminum heads", and then "going with a roller cam", leads me to think that there is no practical plan here .

TORQUE moves the load up to "5252 RPM's", then it's all about horsepower and breathing .

First figure out what RPM RANGE this motor will be using, then investigate what parts and combinations will do that job best .

STOP READING stupid magazine stories trying to SELL YOU MORE TRICK CRAP ............

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
At GM Proving Grounds (in the 70's) those were known as "ceasefires", in the Vettes, the Camero's and Firebirds .

I got paid a lot of overtime, trying to get those "jewels" to pass the "ALDL smog tests", at the Van Nuys plant .

GM tried that intake to "increase low and mid range torque", on a 305" weak motor .

They THOUGHT that it's shape would conger up the "impression" of performance of the "over the counter" Z28, carburetor intake of the late 60's .

The ports are small because it needed to keep the air and fuel suspended for a longer distance, and the 305" couldn't breath any more than what that thing would deliver .

IT will not make power in it's present form, even with "twin two injector bodies" in place of the singles .

Eddie Marine/Eddie Performance, makes a similar and slightly larger "cross ram intake", but it too is no match for the GM, M/T, Moon, Edelbrock, Weiand, original cross rams, for big or small blocks .

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of REAL POWER the originator of this thread was looking for .

"Saving money not removing the block", and then blowing money on "aluminum heads", and then "going with a roller cam", leads me to think that there is no practical plan here .

TORQUE moves the load up to "5252 RPM's", then it's all about horsepower and breathing .

First figure out what RPM RANGE this motor will be using, then investigate what parts and combinations will do that job best .

STOP READING stupid magazine stories trying to SELL YOU MORE TRICK CRAP ............
It was a joke. Easy killer it was mocking it’s lack of being able to do as the title suggests. How’s your turbo big block doing?

QBuff02

I like Big Blocks and I cannot lie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Quincy
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
I figure this bad boy with some double humps and a 3/4 race cam ought to make about 490-507 horsepressures.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Ya know, if you just went with full race cams, and the air cleaner housings turned over, you could probably easily make 550-575 horsepressures! :favorites37::happy175:

twinturbo427

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban
Engine Size
In keeping with the original spirit and intent of this thread I have decided to mill some phenolic spacers and adapt this wicked race system to my big block. The intake ports on the CrossFire should help the peanut port heads flow better above 6000rpm.

:emotions122::emotions133::Angry:

:manos:

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
In keeping with the original spirit and intent of this thread I have decided to mill some phenolic spacers and adapt this wicked race system to my big block. The intake ports on the CrossFire should help the peanut port heads flow better above 6000rpm.

LOL...

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407

Sweet Kriss cross peanut power

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito