Question about front clip[ conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
So its the newer front on the older cab you have to do cutting and welding and all that mess? Glad its a bolt deal mostly!

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
So its the newer front on the older cab you have to do cutting and welding and all that mess? Glad its a bolt deal mostly!
The hinge is the issue..

You must be registered for see images attach

jjewett444

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I put the 70's clip on my '84. Yes, the front frame mounts for the core support are in a slightly different position, but NO you don't have to change them. You just have to get slightly creative. Anyone that's halfway good at thinking for themselves can figure out how to make it work. Also, the 70's bumper will fit. The lower bolts need shimmed and you need to use the matching outer mounts or cut and modify the '84 outer mounts.

For the core support, I used engine cradle mounts for a Chevy Celebrity because I had them and they also provided enough adjustment to get everything bolted to the '84 frame mounts. I'd bet that using the '73-'80 rubber mounts and a little bit of hole slotting would have worked well too. I just didn't have any on hand.

would you happen to have any pictures of what you did? ex. core support? I am ok at fabbing things I just also like getting ideas from other people as well and thanks a lot man

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hell thats gunna be a pain then, i do have the optional inside hood release. So can i keep the same core but change the uprights and top/ latch setup?

Yes, but you need everything for the latch setup. The big top panel that goes across the front of the core support, the latch, the hood striker and the mounting plate.

Yup.

would you happen to have any pictures of what you did? ex. core support? I am ok at fabbing things I just also like getting ideas from other people as well and thanks a lot man

There might be some pictures in my build/progress (or lack of) thread, I really don't remember. There wasn't anything picture worthy from what I remember.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force