Question about air cleaner lid flip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vkh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Var
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500
Engine Size
exact opposite.
My bad, I was thinking of the hot air riser that comes off the exhaust manifold. I admittedly don't have much experience with the smog gear, my truck basically just had a smog pump on it and I ditched it long ago (no testing in Montana).

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Don't forget the pcv heater.

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Probably a stupid question but Did some trucks come with the dual intake or is that something you make up?

To my knowledge no truck came with it. I believe some performance cars had dual snorkels though. Anyway it's really easy to fab up on these trucks since there is an extra cutout on the other side of the radiator, just punch it out, and another snout onto your air cleaner and run some tubing.

No dual snorkels came on trucks. The knockout plug in the radiator support was for other option content; meaning - the V8 applications might use the LH side and the straight six applications might use the RH side (or vice versa, depending on model year).

K

ajd89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
No dual snorkels came on trucks. The knockout plug in the radiator support was for other option content; meaning - the V8 applications might use the LH side and the straight six applications might use the RH side (or vice versa, depending on model year).

K

Ah ok good to know I seen one like that in a square somewhere online too but they must have made it or for some reason an air cleaner off a caddy is stuck in my head did they have dual intakes maybe?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey