Quads shocks, going to single shock question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Javin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Javin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Hey I have a 81 3/4 with factory quads shocks in front I’m going it single shocks in front which shock mount should I use the front most or the rear shock mount? If anyone has pics that would be awesome

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The rearward shock is the normal position for all the trucks and would be the simplest to get replacements in the future, but the front position is a longer shock and the angle (or lack of it) should have better control over the axle movement.

Javin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Javin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K2500
Engine Size
Ok great good to know I got my Bilstiens now I’ve put the rear inafter work going to install the front I’ll see what I can make work. It looks like I still will have the shock on the outside of the hanger on the axle because if I were to put it inside which I think is best it wouldn’t line up nicely with the top location...

89GMCJimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
What did you end up doing, which position, forward (aux longer) or rear (stock shorter)
Seems like there are many posts about keeping shock angle vertical but the stock angle is steeper than aux???
Mine is in stock location and doesn't ride great well on streets and Hwy getting to OHV locations.

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shake1969