Proportioning valve problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevytech87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
GMC R1500
Engine Size
So I’ve replaced my proportioning valve twice since buying my truck, and each time after about 6 months the metering valve begins to leak profusely. I’m wondering in the aftermarket units are just junk? Anyone have a factory unit laying around that doesn’t leak? Or at least is serviceable? Tired of replacing this thing and brake fluid eating my frame every 6 months.

Any suggestions appreciated, just need it fixed.

The truck is an 87 R15 disc/ drum.

Chuckd84

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K20
Engine Size
So I’ve replaced my proportioning valve twice since buying my truck, and each time after about 6 months the metering valve begins to leak profusely. I’m wondering in the aftermarket units are just junk? Anyone have a factory unit laying around that doesn’t leak? Or at least is serviceable? Tired of replacing this thing and brake fluid eating my frame every 6 months.

Any suggestions appreciated, just need it fixed.

The truck is an 87 R15 disc/ drum.
Ive got the same issue. Also cant find a master cylinder that will keep seals more than a year. I feel your pain

fast 99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Not the first time I have heard about them leaking. Offshore parts are questionable. Try to find used OEM.

Seems to be a lot of these being replaced and I question why. To be honest in 30 years of brake repair, several vehicles every week, probably only replaced one or 2.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bhardiman1