Problem with installing new manual hubs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Adam G

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Ok here's my problem I can not get my new Warn hubs to go all the why in. Once I get to the splines in the brake hub they will not go any further. I made sure there is no burrs in the brake hub or anywhere else I can find . Please help.

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
Sometimes the axle slips back in. Try pushing on the axle from the back side of the spindle towarsds the hub.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Something is hanging up somewhere, as they should basically slide right into the wheel hub with minimal effort.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
You must be registered for see images attach

adamj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terrence
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20 Suburban
Engine Size
5.7L TBI
Something is hanging up somewhere, as they should basically slide right into the wheel hub with minimal effort.

I agree with bucket, you should not be banging the locking hubs into the hub/rotor assembly, they should slide in to the wheel hub and then the dial cap screws on top. You can pull the axle stub shaft or push from behind the backing plate to get clearance to put the snap ring on to the stub shaft, but I don't recall ever needing a hammer for anything...

You're talking about this step, right:

75Monza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1980, 1982, 1985
Truck Model
K30, K20, K20
Engine Size
454, 383, 350
I just had that same problem, mostly my fault for tapping on the end of the axles to fit through the knuckle after new u-joints. Put a mic on the splines at end of shaft and they were slightly bulged, had to use a small file to get splines back to correct diameter. Then could not get the snap ring on, so took a small pry bar and stuck between the axle tube and the back of the axle at u-joint to pry axle forward into the hub, then had plenty of clearance to get the snap ring on.

Adam G

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I agree with bucket, you should not be banging the locking hubs into the hub/rotor assembly, they should slide in to the wheel hub and then the dial cap screws on top. You can pull the axle stub shaft or push from behind the backing plate to get clearance to put the snap ring on to the stub shaft, but I don't recall ever needing a hammer for anything...

You're talking about this step, right:

Yes that's were I got stuck at. I took the rotor off the hub slide right end and I tried it on the axle and it slide on. But with them mounted I had to tap them in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ssgmike