Power Tools

favorite power tool

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Derrick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
I am making this thread so that you can post about your power tools such as grinders,sawzall,drill,impact,ect you get it just post about them here.
You must be registered for see images attach

(just an example is took a pic of my drill/impact set i use.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That's a loaded question. I have Makita, Milwaukee, DeWalt and Craftsman. I really Milwaukee but it's pricey. These Craftsman Cordless pieces I have been more than impressive for their extremely cheap price compared to other brands. I wanted a Milwaukee Cordless Impact, but didn't want to shell out $400 for it. When I seen the Craftsman go on sale for $129, I thought for that money, I'll try it, it probably won't last me a year for Roadside Service, but for the money worth a try. Getting close to 2 years now and it works like new and hasn't come across a passenger car tire yet that it didn't get off.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I am making this thread so that you can post about your power tools such as grinders,sawzall,drill,impact,ect you get it just post about them here.

(just an example is took a pic of my drill/impact set i use.
So how much did you pay for that Kit with the cordless drill and cordless impact driver? Is it a 3/8 drill or 1/2 inch?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I just bought this kit at Sears. Came with the 1/2 inch drill and Impact Driver with 2 19.2 Volt Batteries, charger and a cool carry bad on sale for $109.99, then I used some of my FREE CASH points and another $10 FREE CASH coupon so I got the kit for $79.99 +tx.

I only got it cuz I wanted another battery for my Cordless Impact Gun and the small battery was $40. Figured for double that I get 2 batteries, the power tools, another charger and carry bag for FREE.

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-c3-1...SellerId=Sears&prdNo=5&blockNo=5&blockType=G5

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I use a variety, depends on the use. I have a couple of Makita grinders (4" and 9") and a chop saw, that I have had for 30+ years and they still work great. My corded drills are mostly Milwaukee as well as my corded Sawsall. For cordless, I used to go with Makita, but now use DeWalt, drills and recip saw. Woodworking tools are mostly Craftsman (bandsaw, routers, radial arm saw, jigsaw), but I have a Delta Unisaw, and drill press. Welder (wire feed) is Air Products.

I have recently bought a few HF $10 4 1/2" grinders just so I don't have to change wheels all of the time when I am welding, one has a grinding wheel, one a cutoff wheel, one a cup brush, and one a twisted brush. They are noisy as hell, and sound like they are going to crap out any minute, but I have been using them for a couple of years now (don't do too much fabrication any more), and they are still working, when they crap out I'll just buy another. I save the Makitas for the bigger jobs.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I use a variety, depends on the use. I have a couple of Makita grinders (4" and 9") and a chop saw, that I have had for 30+ years and they still work great. My corded drills are mostly Milwaukee as well as my corded Sawsall. For cordless, I used to go with Makita, but now use DeWalt, drills and recip saw. Woodworking tools are mostly Craftsman (bandsaw, routers, radial arm saw, jigsaw), but I have a Delta Unisaw, and drill press. Welder (wire feed) is Air Products.

I have recently bought a few HF $10 4 1/2" grinders just so I don't have to change wheels all of the time when I am welding, one has a grinding wheel, one a cutoff wheel, one a cup brush, and one a twisted brush. They are noisy as hell, and sound like they are going to crap out any minute, but I have been using them for a couple of years now (don't do too much fabrication any more), and they are still working, when they crap out I'll just buy another. I save the Makitas for the bigger jobs.
You sound alot like me and mine. I've got Milwaukee corded worm drive circular saw, and Sawzall, Makita Chop Saw and 2 cordless Makita drills, the old 9.6V that I can't kill. Dewalt tabletop Miter Saw, cordless drill and impact driver, Oh Makita 4in grinder, and Dewalt 4.5in grinder, Craftsman table saw til I sold it cuz I wanted the space back in my garage, Dremel brand rotary tool and flex shaft, blah blah blah, the list goes on and on. I do have the Craftsman Cordless Impact Wrench and recently bought that Craftsman Cordless set with the 1/2 drill and Impact driver just for the batteries. ****, I'm forgetting a bunch. Can't believe I'm drawing a blank on my hammer drill. All that **** goes in my JoBox. Now that I see the pic of the box, I see my Dewalt Rotozip, Dewalt Jigsaw, I do have a couple HF power tools too but not for serious duty. Like a small jack hammer, and that 3/4 drill motor. Black and Decker belt sander that's older than the hills but works great and that reminds of the Makita palm sander. To much **** to list and remember.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
For those who don't know, Milwaukee is no longer made in USA. Techtronic Industsries aka TTI makes them in China. Same place that makes Milwaukee, makes Ryobi, Craftsman, and Rigid power tools. Seems I'm forgetting a couple other tool brand names too.

SDJunkMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
To much **** to list and remember.

That's the way I am, plus my tools are spread out among a few different places, and some are at the kids houses (those I'll probably never get back o_O). Every once in a while I will come across a tool I forgot that I had, like the power steering pulley puller that I bought a dozen years ago and only used once. (glad that the parts houses loan specialty tools now).

idahovette

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Truck Year
1975-1979
Truck Model
K20-K10
Engine Size
Hey Junkman I know exactly what you are sayin. The kid bought an enclosed trailer to put some of his stuff in (37 2dr sedan and parts) asked me to BRING him a chain and a come along so he could get it loaded. I'll NEVER see either of those again!!! Then he's gonna bring over to my lot to store.. Guess I could sell it??

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg