post your worst stuck pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Midwest4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Don't look like much. But had to use a come a long with a chain around a tree to get out

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 197

Midwest4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Aftermath

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 180

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Looks like much to me. It's definitely stuck. Looks like all 4's sunk.

Midwest4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Looks like much to me. It's definitely stuck. Looks like all 4's sunk.

It wasn't really that bad, my truck was stock with 33s and it was worthless, that's why I'm swapping motor/trans/tcase and getting lockers.. My buddy's k20 got me out and drove right through the ****.. He has big block/th400 and 38s

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Don't discount your powertrain to much. You could have had a biggo motor and Th400 and 38's but without lockers, you'd probably have still gotten stuck. I know I've expressed my opinion before but, when wheeling the amount of power isn't near as important as traction. I've seen Inline 6 trucks go places big blocks didn't have a chance in hell. The I6 drove right through like going across the front lawn, the big block truck with big tires did nothing but put on an impressive mud slinging show and sunk. Also, lower gears are torque multiplication. Rather than spend a fortune on a high power motor, spend a fortune on your axles with some nice lockers, and a good gear ratio. My DD 4x4 has 3.73's the other fun truck is going to have 4.10's with a Detroit Locker rear and ARB Air Locker front. I expect it to work well.

Midwest4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Don't discount your powertrain to much. You could have had a biggo motor and Th400 and 38's but without lockers, you'd probably have still gotten stuck. I know I've expressed my opinion before but, when wheeling the amount of power isn't near as important as traction. I've seen Inline 6 trucks go places big blocks didn't have a chance in hell. The I6 drove right through like going across the front lawn, the big block truck with big tires did nothing but put on an impressive mud slinging show and sunk. Also, lower gears are torque multiplication. Rather than spend a fortune on a high power motor, spend a fortune on your axles with some nice lockers, and a good gear ratio. My DD 4x4 has 3.73's the other fun truck is going to have 4.10's with a Detroit Locker rear and ARB Air Locker front. I expect it to work well.

That sounds like a decent set up, 1/2 ton or 3/4-1ton axles?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
That sounds like a decent set up, 1/2 ton or 3/4-1ton axles?

Being the DD is pretty much a stocker other headers, intake and carb, it's just 10 bolts front and rear on 31x10.50's. I do have a Detroit Locker for the rear axle I intend to swap in when I do a seals and bearings freshen up. I'll just leave the front open on that one. Moreless just needs to be good enough for bad weather, and here we rarely get over 4 inches of snow when and if we get it, so it'll work fine.

The fun truck, I've swapped in a 14 bolt Full Floater w 4.10's from a 3/4 ton, the front axle is a 10 bolt with ARB Air Locker out of a 1/2 ton and I'll just convert to 3/4 ton spindle, packing plate, 8 lug rotor and it'll be just like a 3/4 ton axle. I hope to be able to find a nice compressor for it. I've already got a 5 gallon 125PSI tank. That should give me plenty of air for airing up and down tires on the trails, along with operate the Air Locker up front, and maybe even enough to break 8 lug nuts loose with an impact wrench if I get a flat. Also intend to be running plenty of off-road lighting for driving the river at night so I'll be running the Big 3 upgrade, 2 batteries isolated from each other and big alternator. Of course it's been work in process for a few years awaiting Pipe Dream funds.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
1981, 1965
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s; 65-C20 with 4:57 gears and Borg Warner Overdrive
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350; 1972 L48 350

That is true about traction. There is a hill in my home town that basically nobody can get up. Take a run at it, go slow, etc., and the offsetting holes dug by open diff's over the years stop you each time. But a friend of mine did it in his 71-72 Chevy Long Bed with no problems. He would go up a little, stop, go some more, stop, and then reached the top without spinning a tire. He has a posi rearend and open front. Stock 350, and the good old low gearing that old trucks have. He then turned around and crawled down it while we all watched.

My grandpa had a Willy's that just couldn't get stuck even if you were in quicksand it seemed. That thing was awesome! I was mad when grandma sold it after he died. I wanted that thing so bad. She sold all of his cool toys. A vintage Power Wagon with the big tall skinny bias ply tires with 2-3 deep lugs, and a '46 International with about the same stance and ground clearance as the Power Wagon. I always wanted drive those trucks. Nothing power on them, all basic stuff and the sheet metal was extremely thick.

Last edited:

Chuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crew cab
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
not my worst stuck but I broke the axle and ujoints guess locked front end has pros and cons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
not my worst stuck but I broke the axle and ujoints guess locked front end has pros and cons

Locked as in Lincoln Locked or a Spool? No, that's probably not good. But, you could always unlock one of your hubs and have 3 wheel drive unless you're in a situation where you need all 4 then lock in the other front hub. As you said, Pros and cons.

Chuck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 crew cab
Engine Size
Lincoln locked for now then buying a full spool.

bdiamond

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
blazer
Engine Size
Not a square but still stuck enough I had to get a backhoe to get it out....

dirtroadoutlaw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
k5
Engine Size
This was the second worst that I've had this one stuck. The worst followed shortly after I got out of this hole. Broke a couple winches including mine. Took a dozer to get 'r out. The second pic is of me waiting on the dozer to come.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415209179414.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415209179414.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 185
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415209205424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415209205424.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 214
  • uploadfromtaptalk1415209224946.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415209224946.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 179

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Aftermath

Sure don't look like 33s to me.

The best upgrade would be a lift, bigger tires and gears to match. Like HR was saying traction is what gets you not stuck and gears is what helps you spin bigger tires.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I have been stuck once or twice where I could go back and forth but couldn't get out of the ruts! I noticed a big difference just from 33s to 35s and 38s and 42s.

The bigger the tire the more insane you can get! To a point lol

Any rig can run big tires if its geared properly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128