Post pics of your square with LED Bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm trying to figure if I'm satisfied with adding a 22" led bar between the factory bumper stops on the front grill of my 85' k10 and need pictures of others who have done this mod already. Ur pics will be greatly appreciated . Tia

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Nobody has led bars? ??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

87scotty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
5.7 for now
Not a fan I figure these old school trucks gotta have the old school lights KC's

PrairieDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban k10, bonanza k10, c30 C&C, c10, gmc 1/2ton
Engine Size
350, 350, 350, 350, 350
I have one on my daily but not any of my squares. I do want to get some for my suburban though

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Not a big fan of the LED light bar fad myself unless they are mounted behind the grill and out of sight until needed. And I hate it when some jack wagon drives around city streets with his light bar on. Apparently, there are nitwits out there who don't think that blinding oncoming traffic is dangerous LOL

chevy97

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I feel ya , and thought about kc lites but i feel i need to have the roll bar with them to look nice.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

FilthyFifth

Reaction score
First Name
herman
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I have a 30" light bar on my '82 K10. In my opinion, it looks great. The low power draw and incredible amount of lumens is a huge benefit, and if one LED diode goes out, you still have the rest working in your favor since they are wired in parallel where as if your offroad light bulb goes out you might be left in the dark. I think "parallel" is the right terminology, haven't talked circuits in a while:shrug: However, it does not fit behind the grill, if I could have gotten away with that trust me I would have. My light bar recently cracked from a decent size rock flying up, now the darn thing stays foggy all the time. I'm going to try and replace the lens and move it to the rear of the truck eventually. I think it would be nice accessory lighting for bonfires/camping and on the road repairs when the whole crew gets out in the dirt.
You must be registered for see images attach

I have plans for the front to change. I'd like to go back to the junkyard and pick up a new grill, and i already have the double headlight bezels to do a set up with 4 pods more like this:

I really like lighting up the night so I'm in the planning stage of fabbing up a plate front bumper to incorporate a 20" light bar up front and then maybe, just maybe a 50" on the roof above the windshield. That's in the far future though, I've learned that you get exactly what you pay for when it comes to lighting and those 50's are pricey. I can't afford rigid, but the price does represent quality/Brightness. I plan to purchase all KC LEDs from now on.

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I don't have pictures of it, but the other day I saw a truck that had a light bar integrated into the grille. It wasn't in front of it like FilthyFifth's, and it wasn't hidden behind like Cob suggested. They had taken the time to cut out parts of the grille and fit the bar nicely into it. Looked really nice. I thought about doing something similar on mine, but then I remembered I have no use for a light bar...:shrug:

theblindchicken

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 5" lift + 2" BL
Engine Size
350-4, 0.030" over
I dont currently have a led bar on, but I do have 5 HID converted hella 700ff along with 2 led pods in a spot pattern behind the grille.

Eventually planning to integrate a 20-30" amber led bar into a tube bumper, hellas on top, 50" single row mounted in a modular roof basket with a 50" in the rear as a camp light.

thz71

Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
Truck Model
M1008
Engine Size

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I don't have pictures of it, but the other day I saw a truck that had a light bar integrated into the grille. It wasn't in front of it like FilthyFifth's, and it wasn't hidden behind like Cob suggested. They had taken the time to cut out parts of the grille and fit the bar nicely into it. Looked really nice. I thought about doing something similar on mine, but then I remembered I have no use for a light bar...:shrug:

Lmmfao!
None of those mall crawlers do...might fit in with skinny jeans and a straight billed hat....doesn't seems to fit a square body chebby.
O.p. might try a GMT400 site, lol.

Y u no black wheel 79?

Last edited:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Lmmfao!
None of those mall crawlers do...might fit in with skinny jeans and a straight billed hat....doesn't seems to fit a square body chebby.
O.p. might try a GMT400 site, lol.

Y u no black wheel 79?

Majority of black wheels make me wanna :doublepuke:

Come to think of it... so do mall crawlers, skinny jeans, and straight billed hats. :doublepuke:

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Saw a video a while back, this guy had an infrared led bar on his truck and NV goggles doing 60-70mph around a dirt road in complete darkness, pretty sick.

dogdud8

Reaction score
First Name
Zechary
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
My $350ish set up

50in bar up top 2 7in on the bumper

Keith Seymore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Keith Seymore
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
4.3L
Not a big fan of the LED light bar fad myself unless they are mounted behind the grill and out of sight until needed. And I hate it when some jack wagon drives around city streets with his light bar on. Apparently, there are nitwits out there who don't think that blinding oncoming traffic is dangerous LOL

x2. I thought it was illegal to have non-production forward facing white lights and have them uncovered on public roadways.

I've seen the police break the lights when the driver could not produce a cover during the traffic stop.

K

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Twistedgmt400