Plasti dip removal / whire paint trim advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size
I do not know this personally but I have been told and have seen a few videos on youtube where they used Kleanstrip Prep All, made by W.M. Barr and Co to soften and dissolve the Plasti-dip so that you can essentially pressure wash it off once its softened up some. This applies to thinly layered on coat, which make it hard to peel off. I think you can get it at Oreillys or Amazon, not sure where else. I think they sell it in gallon sized containers at O'reillys for about 20 bucks and a few bucks less on Amazon. I've got some PD overspray on a motorcycle tank I am needing to clean up for a repaint project so I was looking into a way to buy in bulk and not be forced to buy the plasti-dip brand, which is somewhat overpriced...

https://www.amazon.com/Kleanstrip-Prep-All-Grease-Remover-KLE-GSW362/dp/B008QDSVPE/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1518741926&sr=1-1&keywords=kleanstrip+prep-all+wax+&+grease+remover

If you try it and it works great please let me know. Might be a while before i get around to jacking with it.

Good find, il let you know when I give it a try, might be worth it to give autozone the 20 tho, its 10 bucks extra shipping

rpcraft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
LS 6.0 364 CID
ah yeah, I had not looked at shipping per say as I am on Amazon Prime so I get a little spoiled. I think the only thing I'd over is to be a little careful around any plastic, especially any of the trim pieces. You might want to take them off or otherwise they may melt or the color might get discamboobulated...

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Does armorall work well?

It sure as **** does. I can't afford paint on my Camaro so I'm plastidipping it.

Don't judge me

I noticed my front bumper was starting to look a little faded, so I broke out the armorall and gave it a good spray down. Looks pretty good now!

Felt kind funny armoralling the outside of the car, but if it works it works.

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
It sure as **** does. I can't afford paint on my Camaro so I'm plastidipping it.

Don't judge me

I noticed my front bumper was starting to look a little faded, so I broke out the armorall and gave it a good spray down. Looks pretty good now!

So does engine oil. I had an oil dispensing gun get bumped on once. Oil on the shop celing, tool boxes, a customers faded out POS car. We had to wipe the whole car down with oil, to make it look right. The little old lady couldnt believe we went to all that work of detailing her car, just on a oil change. It looked brand new.... True story. Lol

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
So does engine oil. I had an oil dispensing gun get bumped on once. Oil on the shop celing, tool boxes, a customers faded out POS car. We had to wipe the whole car down with oil, to make it look right. The little old lady couldnt believe we went to all that work of detailing her car, just on a oil change. It looked brand new.... True story. Lol
All I can picture is the oil slick in her driveway after the first rain. Lmao

Dougnsalem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
All I can picture is the oil slick in her driveway after the first rain. Lmao
Quite possible. We never saw her again. Whoops.... Lol

Obwonkonobe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 custom deluxe
Engine Size

Damn, thats pretty SLICK

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Ok here is a fool proof way to get it off, but it would have to wait until Easter break. Get ahold of @Derrick @Iowan and some of their class mates. They can come to your house and eat the chips they pick off. I figure in a long weekend you guys could have it to bare metal.:D

Last edited:

4WDKC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Kacy
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size

Power steering fluid works good too, had a pressure line burst with the hood open on my old camaro...That bumper and fender looked like it had just been painted.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size

Don't judge me

If it looks stupid but it works, it ain't stupid.

Snoots

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra
Engine Size
Dustless Blasting?

Forum statistics

Threads