Parts Imported to Canada via "UPS"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoomalot

Banned
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado Shorty
Engine Size
350 Ram Jet
Recently purchased $2k worth of parts from CPP Calif. to Vancouver Island, not far away.
Buy the time S@H and customs and "UPS" got done with it the freight and handling
amounted to around $800.
Canadians should consider a travel trip to U.S. to buy parts.
Way out of line !!

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I'm a warehouse manager so I think what happened here was that CPP might have used a faster shipping service on top of declaring the full value of your shipment to customs. When shipping to our neighbors up north we use UPS Standard instead of UPS Expedited or UPS Express. Depending on which province your in UPS Standard can be there in 2 days. Now if Canada has a VAT or something similar it will balloon that shipping cost as well.

If you dont mind me asking how much did your package weigh?

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
That's just crazy. Nothing but highway robbery by Canadian government and UPS. I thought we were supposed to be trading partners. ???

Next time have it shipped to someone in Washington state.

ScottyB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
phantom
Engine Size
2 squirrels
I'm only 15 minutes from the Abbotsford crossing. It would take me about 45 minutes to get to Blaine. Either is doable if you need it.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
I always insist on USPS. If the company only uses UPS, sorry I go elsewhere.
UPS charges a brokerage fee, this is where they rob us. They also do the favor of charging all applicable taxes
in Canada... gee thanks.
USPS (last time I used them, a few years back already) never charged applicable Canadian taxes. Lots of stuff, if not too
expensive flies right through with no taxes payed to Canada.
The last big order of ARB lockers, brake parts, shocks were all sent with free shipping to a little store in Northern Washington.
Most boarder towns have a store or truck stop that will allow you to have your goods shipped in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84