Parts for the square body family.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rough Country

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Ok guys i know there are more part's out there that we all would like to see for the SB. So let me have your thoughts on what you would like to see from RC. I will take you guys input and push it through to my R&D department to see where I can get with it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Are you referring to just off-road parts? Or just suspension parts? Does RC do anything with street suspension and lowering kits?

I know one thing right off the top of my head. I'd like to see a reasonably price point crossover steering kits, or at least some other options. Just about seems the ORD has a monopoly on that for these straight axle trucks.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Dirt drag racing is pretty popular around here, you guys should look into the hot setup these guys use and make a kit. Some I've seen are like ladder bars, and the guys have their bump stops extended to limit rear suspension compression on launch but not limit droop. I've also seen some kind of weird axle collar setup that lets the axle float/twist, but has something like trailing arms I guess meant to keep the rear from jerking out from under the truck on launch. Still on a leaf spring rear too. Most of those guys run really wide cut Boggers on the back so I'm sure hooking up and not losing the rear end is the goal of these setups.

Rough Country

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Are you referring to just off-road parts? Or just suspension parts? Does RC do anything with street suspension and lowering kits?

I know one thing right off the top of my head. I'd like to see a reasonably price point crossover steering kits, or at least some other options. Just about seems the ORD has a monopoly on that for these straight axle trucks.

All we offer as far as suspension goes lift kits are it. We have simple steering parts like adjustable drag links and raised steering arms also a frame support. I will look into the crossover steering and see where I can get with it.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Plastic Inner Fender Liners.

Your own brand of steering box frame reinforcement.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think there's still a good market for items that were produced back in the day, but are no longer available. Like strong brush guards, ladder bar setups, and basic fender flairs that are not the cut-out style. These trucks are old enough now that some guys want to build them the old way.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I think there's still a good market for items that were produced back in the day, but are no longer available. Like strong brush guards, ladder bar setups, and basic fender flairs that are not the cut-out style. These trucks are old enough now that some guys want to build them the old way.

Oh yeah, you're right. Even 89S wants a 1 foot tall, flat tinted bug shield to go across the front of his hood.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Oh yeah, you're right. Even 89S wants a 1 foot tall, flat tinted bug shield to go across the front of his hood.

Square deflector for a squarebody hoss. :waytogo:

I think a killing could be made on those plastic inner fender liners. I want a piece of that action it it comes to fruition. I wish I had the connections to mold them myself and sell them. I was thinking about making them out of trash can bottoms. :wtf:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Square deflector for a squarebody hoss. :waytogo:

I think a killing could be made on those plastic inner fender liners. I want a piece of that action it it comes to fruition. I wish I had the connections to mold them myself and sell them. I was thinking about making them out of trash can bottoms. :wtf:

That's true. They are square and flat as a board.

Rough Country

Preferred Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmie
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Plastic Inner Fender Liners.

Your own brand of steering box frame reinforcement.

GM Frame Support
Click to view picture
$79.95

Qty
GM Frame Support
Part #: 5040
The GM frame support kit repairs cracks where the steering box mounts to the frame. Welding is Required!

sorry that this is not a link to our part, but we do have the part you looking for. they are listed at the bottom of the pages with the lift kits as a upgrade & accessories.

bulldog69

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
CUP HOLDERS.:roflbow:

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not for a square body, but somebody needs to make replacement or HD or something torsion bars for gmt400's 88-98's.

lmc is over 200-300 a side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeBeepBeep