Parking Brake Sticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Masziviot

Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30
Engine Size
I have a 78 C30 that the right rear parking brake will stick just randomly when you stop the truck without using the parking brake. I haven't taken it apart yet but was wanting to know what causes the issue and what parts I will need to fix it.

Poppy 87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Silverado
Engine Size
Just a guess, (picture would help) probably brake shoe binding on the backing plate. Locate the pads that the shoe comes into contact with on the backing plate, make sure it's smooth and apply a light film of grease or anti-seize (that's what I use) to the backing plate and re-evaluate.

eskimomann209

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah doubtful it’s the “parking brake”. But it’s a very simple system that’s all bundled into one. Id bet more on leaking seal and gear oil mixing up causing a stick. Bad wheel cylinder. Worn shoes or/and drum that have over extended the auto adjuster.
deteriorating line causing the brakes to extend but not return. As mentioned take it apart, snap some pics. We need to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnalen76