Original seat or no?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ryanpollok

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 dually
Engine Size
Hello everyone! New to the forum and also new to the square body scene. I've gotta 1986 C30 single cab dually scottsdale camper special. My question is about the bench seat. The truck is black. Appears to be black from factory. Dash is black (metal and vinyl pad), doors and door panels are black, carpet is black and so are sun visors. The seat however is brown vinyl. The seat belts are brown and the plastic trim pieces on the side of the seat are brown too. The seat needs to be reupholstered and I'm wondering if this is how the truck came or if someone put this brown seat in there (and brown seatbelts). The brown actually looks good in the black interior but if black is original I'll make it black. Does anyone know or have a way to find out what is original? Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

Mike7ftr

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
Why are you worried about what is original? Do what you want. Make it yours. To answer your question. I don't know.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
It's kinda unusual to swap seatbelts to match a seat. I'd find it more plausible that the dash cap has been switched from brown to black.

blindbug

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 v8
http://brochures.slosh.com/1986/ctfb028.jpg

That looks like the seat in your vehicle. I agree with CSFJ, it's probably more likely that the dashpad and other parts were swapped to black, but the seat and belts were left brown. A lot of older dashpads were only available in black as well, which further holds that theory up.

ryanpollok

Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C30 dually
Engine Size
Sticker in the glove box says graphite so dash pad and door panels are right color. I don't know why the seat is brown but I like the way it looks so I am reupholstering it the same color. Thanks for the input fellas.

blindbug

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350 v8
Strange that the seat would have been swapped to a different color. Based on the number of options on that sheet, I'm going to take another guess that the person who bought the car originally asked the dealer to swap the seat because that is what they wanted. Based on the options listed, I could see someone being picky and asking for exactly what they wanted, even if it wasn't 'traditional'.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Post up a pic when it's done! I'd like to see how it looks when it's all done!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The charcoal interior parts are rather desirable in good shape. I'll guess that the original parts were sold for good money and the brown stuff went in it's place.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
garethrowsell