Opinion on which rims

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Camar068

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10/LM7 5.3/4L60e/np208/3.73/32"
Engine Size
10 yrs Air Force
Hey, Camar068 -- Hard to beat the wheels and stance on your truck. What's the front/rear drop and tires sizes?

Lordy I wish that was my truck lol. I pulled that one off the web.

Maybe an admin can add "The pic below isn't my truck" to my original post.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
Lol @ cartoon trucks!
Bottom line is the two-tone, donky rigger nim is PLAYED.
Never looked good, was only trendy cool.

Stay far away ol boy. Save your money cuz the top ones are fresh and dont look like everybody else. Thats what's hot unless you wanna be a played out , carbon copy of the next guy whose truck wont get a second look.

You might! (want that)

God bless America.

You read it here first, but maybe not listen to me..... im ridin 20 year old Progressive 15s. - on purpose

Last edited:

MikeB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
You read it here first, but maybe not listen to me..... im ridin 20 year old Progressive 15s.

I remember when passenger cars went from 15s to 14s, and even 13s for a lower, road-hugging look.

These days it's a sign of poverty if you don't have 20s or 22s on your brand new pickup. And don't say it's about performance, because NASCAR runs 15s and IndyCar & F1 run 13s.

Welcome to the future when you'll need a step ladder to get into your SUV. Wagons, ho!

You must be registered for see images attach

glockholiday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4
Engine Size
No opinion on the looks but I vote for 17s just because of the rougher ride of 20s.

Willi2ds

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Yeah, I've been leaning towards the 17's because I haven't really seen them in anything else.
The 20's came with a parts deal I had.
I wish the 17" Novas came wider than 8" in that diameter. I would like to fill that rear wheel well up a little more.
I agree the style of 20"s have been done a ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Willi2ds

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
For the 20" Ridler 695's what size tires do yall recommend? I have been looking to buy a set. Any offset from front to back?

Will a 2" Drop Spindle/2" coil spring drop in the front be okay with them? How far on the rear can I go with the 20"? I have done reading and searching but haven't really found a solid answer.

I like the 20" Ridler 695's. +1 vote from me!

I'm lowered 5" in front and 6 1/2" in the rear with no rubbing. The tires on the ridlers is a 275/40r20. Which I think is too thin (at least for the rear) if I was to keep them, I'd play with doing a taller side wall.
They are all 20"x8 1/2", if the rears were 10 1/2" wide it'd be an easier decision for me.

Rusty Nail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rusty
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20
Engine Size
350sbc
I always thought it is a zombie trick.
Obviously a larger diameter wheel forces better gas mileage. Monkey see - monkey do type ****.
I cannot explain the black wheels, much less two-tone garbage that multiplies like rabbits. Huge wheels are :imo: a result of 'global warming' "science".

Did you hear about the GARBAGE LANDSLIDE in freaking ETHIOPIA that killed a whole tribe?

We ARE living in Idiocracy. That IS the explanation.

It happens ALL THE TIME! I thought that place was all poor, famine, AIDS and ****... Where do they get enough garbage to landslide FFS? Why don't they burn or bury it?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/03/12/africa/ethiopia-trash-landslide/index.html
"Small fires erupt because of the methane gas the decomposing trash produces."

There is no difference between a garbage landslide and 26 inch wheels. -You can quote me on that. Maybe we should call em "rims" for the sake of argument. :doublepuke:

[yt]ygdTuFjZnDc[/yt]

Last edited:

Willi2ds

Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
I definitely appreciate all the opinions guys, I come from the 4wd world and struggle with trying to get this street truck looking the way I want. Here's my last 2 Chevy's I built, total different look, I know with those I loved the look of 15" wheels and lots of sidewall lol

glockholiday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10 Suburban 1/2 ton 4x4
Engine Size
You can still put a wider tire on just the rear wheels.

Wracks81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 scottsdale
Engine Size
20" novi,or the riddlers.

Forum statistics

Threads