Oil filter relocation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike7ftr

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size
I've got a oil cooler. The lines get in the way of installing my ORD steering box support bracket. I destroyed them today removing them. I'll just use the ports to run a second oil filter. I'd like to move my oil filter as well. That way they can both be together. Does anybody know which adapter works best. They are all over the place as far as cost. I'd like to stay away from using hose clamps too. I'll just get some new lines made if I have to.

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Good idea. Pay the extra for AN lines.
You might consider an engine oil thermostat too. Mind you, perhaps living in Fresno you don't have cold winters.

Mike7ftr

Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30
Engine Size

74 Shortbed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
Thanks dude! I don't know how that slipped my mind.:suicide:
If they all do the same thing, what's with the $ differential. I don't mind paying more if the product demands it.
Take a close look at some of them, some have provisions for coolers and t-stats and ****, and most of the high dollar ones are C&C billet anodized aluminum made for heavy duty racing applications, WAYYY overkill street use, Trans-Dapt remotes are more than adequate for general use..