NP208 floor plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebird

Reaction score
First Name
Brahm
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 ton
Engine Size
Hello everyone first post. So some quick background. Recently bought an 87 3/4 ton. Its being driven currently and restored when I got some money to burn.

Im looking for the metal floor plate and plastic cover. Anyone have a part number or link for these items. Google finds me some used ones on eBay, but id rather somewhere else.

2h
4h
----N
----4L

Transmission (700 missing 2nd gear) coming out tonight going to be swapped with rebuilt one, going to peak in the transfer case too. Somethings not right with 4low. grinds going in and out of 4 low and transmission won't go into gear even though one is selected (while in 4 low). Then if you try to shift to park it grinds on the detent.

Last edited:

jetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Not sure if the shifter is the culprit in terms of your NP208 shift issues. There are no detents built into the floor shifter, it is a really simply device. When I have had shift issues, the culprit is usually the the plastic inserts coming off the 208 shift forks or totally worn out shift forks. Shift forks are can be replaced if you've got some experience (they do not cost much), else drop your t-case off at a local transmission shop. Our local shop will go thru a t-case front to back for $150 labor plus parts.

Are you totally missing the metal floor plate and plastic cover?

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Parts dwg and list for a (1985 -1991) NP-208:

You must be registered for see images attach

You know, I think I have a wicked nice complete trim assembly laying around somewhere. That would be parts 9, 11 & 12 as shown above.

I switched to a 205 so I don't need it. Provided I can find it - you can have it.

Last edited:

firebird

Reaction score
First Name
Brahm
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 ton
Engine Size
Yes missing everythin cab side up.I think I'm missing 13,17,21,12,11,9. PO even had the wrong knob on the lever lol.

Jetman. As for shift issues Ill take a look tonight while it's out. Hope it's only $150 for a rebuild lol.

Chengy I'm in Canada and if your so kind we could work something out. What book is this?

Last edited:

chengny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
K3500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Try tightening up any lost motion in the linkage.

NP-208 shifter linkage adjustment procedure:

1. Position transfer case shift lever in 4 Hi detent.

2. Push lower shifter lever forward to 4 Hi stop, then install rod swivel into shift lever hole.

3. Install 0.200 inch gage behind swivel as shown.

4. With shifter against 4 Hi stop, tighten rod nut (A) until it contacts gage.

5. Remove gage, then push swivel rearward against nut (A) and tighten nut (B).

firebird

Reaction score
First Name
Brahm
Truck Year
Truck Model
3/4 ton
Engine Size
Thanks for the help. Chengy I Pm'd you about some of your other stuff for sale

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads