Not new, but must get post count going to paticipate in classifieds!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MAXMAN

Reaction score
First Name
JERRY
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Basically I try to move enough of them to fund my personal projects. Parted probably 10-12 suburbans over the last few years, but they seem to be gaining in value so I don't think I will be tearing them apart anymore unless they are trashed. And as I'm sure all of you know, they seem to be getting harder and harder to find for a reasonable number. Plus, I'm getting to the age that the thought of trying to get one completely parted and ready for the scrap yard in a weekend doesn't really appeal to me as much as it used to!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Suburbans have been getting parted for years, which is unfortunate for Suburban fans such as myself.

But holy smokes you have/had a lot of nice trucks!

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Suburbans have been getting parted for years, which is unfortunate for Suburban fans such as myself.

But holy smokes you have/had a lot of nice trucks!
But fortunate for Suburban fans who need parts to keep theirs on the road and inevitably another down the road.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
But fortunate for Suburban fans who need parts to keep theirs on the road and inevitably another down the road.

I dunno. I think a lot of times, the only parts saved were the ones that work on trucks and the Burb specific parts were run across the scales.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I dunno. I think a lot of times, the only parts saved were the ones that work on trucks and the Burb specific parts were run across the scales.
I’d tend to agree. I know there were times I had a hard time finding some Burb specific parts for my 87

climb-101

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
seth
Truck Year
Truck Model
c2 crew cab
Engine Size
6.0 LS
Thanks again Fellas! This is my newest project, just picked it up Saturday.

You must be registered for see images attach
nice truck. looks like the one i’m about to start as soon as parts show up. i have to convert mine to 4x4 though

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
I’d tend to agree. I know there were times I had a hard time finding some Burb specific parts for my 87

I hope you guys are wrong lol. There are a few little things I want for my burb for it to be as original as possible but I havent really started searching. You guys are right though that the pickins are slim.

The one thing I had a hell of a time finding (then paid too much for imo) was the Silverado badge on the dash which was apparently exclusive to the 89-91 body style.

1973c10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard

MAXMAN

Reaction score
First Name
JERRY
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
Thanks fellas! Check this one out, I've owned it 3 different times and it's currently in Spokane, Wa getting ready to be sold! Nice truck, under 100k original.

MAXMAN

Reaction score
First Name
JERRY
Truck Year
Truck Model
V3500
Engine Size
I'm not sure what it is about them, but I love them! I'm an old dude compared to a lot of you, but when I first started working for a GM dealership crew cabs & suburbans were still available and we were selling them! I had owned several in the past, but when I bought my first K30 in 1993 I was hooked & haven't lost a bit of interest in them since. Even my wife of 30 years watches out for them for me now! She gave up on ever having an empty driveway years ago!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willyg